Options

Heat

Been looking to add a little heat inside the camper and was wondering if anyone had experience with something like this?

https://amazon.com/FeelGlad-portable-Ceramic-Heater-defroster/dp/B06XKZLJLB/ref=sr_1_29?ie=UTF8&qid=1504704880&sr=8-29&keywords=small+ceramic+heater

Bill

2017 T@G Max XL, New Jersey.
You can drive along 10,000 miles, and still stay where you are.

Comments

• Options
    Michigan_MikeMichigan_Mike Member Posts: 517

This is a very popular topic when the temperatures start to drop off in the fall. I've owned four teardrops up to this point, boon-docked and camped in alpine environments and will just say that 12 volt heating devices do not do anything but drain your battery down efficiently and quickly as they are not efficient and are akin to what happens to your car battery when you leave your headlights on. 12 volt heating devices and similar apparatus simply put, do not provide heat for these small trailer units and are not a viable means of doing so.

Your best bet is to buy a small electric heater with shutoff safety capability and buy a sleeping bag rated for -20F, etc. The smaller trailers are not conducive for portable propane heating units as you risk asphyxiation and death. The link to the heater you posted up will drain your battery, so you will be wasting your money.
    That is it in a nutshell and maybe others will offer up their experiences and advice too.

Michigan Mike
    Linden, Mi
    2019 T@B 400

• Options
    BBsGarageBBsGarage Member Posts: 396

Thats kinda what I thought, I wasnt sure of how much actual heat this thing would produce.
    We usually are connected to shore power but may boon-dock some time.

On a side note, all of the reviews for this item are about a phone case which is kinda odd.

Bill

2017 T@G Max XL, New Jersey.
    You can drive along 10,000 miles, and still stay where you are.

• Options
    mgreen2mgreen2 Member Posts: 193