Options

T@G - Water tank is half full, but no water pumps / comes out faucet.

My T@G Boondock is less than a year old. I recently camped in a location, where we used the water tank versus hooking up to a faucet. Our tank was filled up when we left. It was still the same on arrival. I have never had issues with a hook up water trip.

We used water over the weekend, but at the very end of the trip, the pump seemed to run dry, and the faucet was blowing air as if the water level was almost empty. We looked, and there was around half a tank left.

We angled the T@G backward, and the pump began pumping water again. I then lowered the unit to level (it was level before all this anyway). The pump started sputtering again.

Is there a hose that goes down into the tank that could have popped off (I was thinking line the hose falling off a spray bottle does this)?

I have found the T@G water system manual to be extremely lacking. It appears that you should already be familiar with RV plumbing. I have never had one before, so this is new to me. Being a scientific person, I understand lumps, vacuums, flow, etc, but I really don’t think I should have to experiment or stare st hoses and try you figur3 out where they go and what they do. Nothing is labeled, and unless I missed something, the 36 page 2017 T@G manual glossed right over this topic, and most of the manual was disclaimers, pages for notes, etc. There was a small paragraph telling me that the pump was under the sink with no meaningful images or labels.

Did I miss a better manual somewhere else? Did they forget to give me a manual for the sink and water system? I don’t even know how many gallons it contains.

So... two questions:

1. Any troubleshooting tips or advise what is going on when the unit is level and it won’t pump water?
  2. Is there a “good” manual that I can request from NuCamp or find online?

I am thinking that I need to go see my selling dealer to look this over, but am hoping that there is a simpler solution than spending a good part of my day doing that.

Thanks for all help.

Rich

2017 T@G Boondock towed by a restored Series III Land Rover.

Comments

• Options
    WilliamAWilliamA Member Posts: 1,311

Rich,
    Welcome to the bubbler club. The T@G (2018 and older) has its water pickup on the side of the tank, not the bottom. When you get down to a third of the tank, it starts sucking air. The common field fix is to crank the landing leg up. There are a few attempts on the forum to fix it but most folks just "crank the crank". Thankfully, it's easy to monitor. Just have the galley cupboard door open and you can see the water level in the tank. Think of it this way: on the Paris streetside cafes you'll pay 2 euro 50 for a sparkling water...

Spritzer, anyone?
    WilliamA

"When I am in charge, Starburst brand fruit chews will get their own food group....and where are all the freakin laser beams? There should be more laser beams..."

2021 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk
    2017 T@G XL
    Boyceville, Wi.

• Options
    SparrowSparrow Member Posts: 19

There has gotta be a way to fix this issue. Nücamp is pretty good with customer service. I hope they’ll be a retro after market fix for this.

• Options
    JumperJumper Member Posts: 70

My 2019 Tag Edge has the pick up mounted on top of the tank with the end in the bottom of the tank, they must have addressed this issue with the new campers. I had no issues using most of the water in my tank. There is a pretty easy fix for it that I saw on the site.

• Options
    MartogMartog Member Posts: 97

@Jumper said:
    My 2019 Tag Edge has the pick up mounted on top of the tank with the end in the bottom of the tank, they must have addressed this issue with the new campers. I had no issues using most of the water in my tank. There is a pretty easy fix for it that I saw on the site.

Oh gosh I hope so, I just picked up my 2019 a couple weeks ago and I left it winterized, I've been reading the posts about this and was dreading having to do something to fix it. Not sure why it got designed like that in the first place, surely someone would have seen it.

2019 T@G XL Boondock Edge "Prometheus"
    2010 Subaru Outback 2.5L "Ecto 10"

• Options
    LuckyJLuckyJ Member Posts: 1,240

Yep, from information that was seen on forum and fb page, is was change for 2019. So you should be good. Only have to level the trailer to maximise this, since the tank is mostly a flat surface of about 6 sq feet and only what, 4" deep maybe.

• Options
    MartogMartog Member Posts: 97

@LuckyJ said:
    Yep, from information that was seen on forum and fb page, is was change for 2019. So you should be good. Only have to level the trailer to maximise this, since the tank is mostly a flat surface of about 6 sq feet and only what, 4" deep maybe.

I guess I'll find out next season, I left it winterized from the factory, I didn't really need the sink or water in the tank my first trip thankfully.

2019 T@G XL Boondock Edge "Prometheus"
    2010 Subaru Outback 2.5L "Ecto 10"