Pulled the trigger on one!

MartogMartog Member Posts: 97

So after debating with myself, going over numbers, talking with friends, plus reading the forums here, watching various videos from nuCamp, Mandy Lea and others, I decided to put the money down on a custom order!

I put in for a 2019 T@G XL Boondock Edge Edition, black sides, royal blue trim in the "Matrix" style, the roof/hatch will be silver. Also tacked on the Froli sleep system and the rear galley speakers.

I should hopefully be taking possession of it near the end of October, just in time to take it out at least once before it gets a bit snowy here in Ohio!

2019 T@G XL Boondock Edge "Prometheus"
2010 Subaru Outback 2.5L "Ecto 10"

Comments

• OutdoorEdOutdoorEd Member Posts: 109

Congratulations. It sounds nice. I hope you love yours as much as we love ours. We take it out 2-4 nights every other weekend and just returned from a week at Nanthahala National Forest outside Bryson City NC. One of the best investments we've made. Enjoy!

Ed & Karen
    2017 T@G Max XL
    2018 Subaru Outback 3.6R

• MartogMartog Member Posts: 97

I hope I will too! I hope the date stays on track to delivery as I booked already for one of my favorite sites growing up, so hopefully the date won't slip back.

• Michigan_MikeMichigan_Mike Administrator Posts: 517

Congratulations!

Post up some shots when you get it.

Michigan Mike
    Linden, Mi
    2019 T@B 400

Thanks and I definitely will, I think this will be a looker for sure with the color combinations I picked.

• JumperJumper Member Posts: 70

The wait is painful! Lol.

Tell me about it, I could have pulled off the lot with a couple different models, but you know what, heck I say to the nay-sayers on custom builds, I love the fact we can do so and I can get the camper I want, not what someone else wants me to have.

• Geoff_AckerGeoff_Acker Member Posts: 17

I had to wait 10 weeks for mine. Same as you, they had several I could have bought that day but chose to order a custom TAG XL with all the bells and whistles we really wanted. The wait was brutal but now that I finally have the camper I'm very glad I waited. Couldn't be happier with my purchase.

2019 T@G XL

Yeah I kept going back and forth on it, the dealer I got from did not have a Boondock Edge 2019 on the lot (another did) and while I may not really offroad, there are just some features I will probably use.

Though in the end the dealer was really not pressuring me to buy anything at all, which I did like and appreciate, it made me felt like I was making the decision completely, and not the salesman.

• kevineso1kevineso1 Member Posts: 26

Martog, I too am planning a custom order. the dealer nearest me doesn't have on the lot what i'm looking for anyway. where did you find a "custom order sheet" with available options? the nearest dealer to me is over 2 hours away, be nice to do some pre planning before making the trip to order up my T@G. any info would be great!!

• rich67rich67 Member Posts: 164

Well worth the wait. We love ours. For what you spend on these units, you have to get what you want on them. They will outlast the other cookie-cutter trailers being sold out there for sure.

• tnave863tnave863 Member Posts: 12

I too ordered mine with the color I wanted and added solar panels to the BD Edge XL. I could have bought one that day from inventory, but I wasn't going to compromise. The day after I ordered the dealer gave me a estimated ship date. Ended up the trailer arrived was prepped and I picked up on that date, so shipping from NuCamp was early.

I've taken it out for one weekend already, have three more trips planned already.

tnave863, what all came with the solar package? the roof top flexible panel... charger? inverter??

• tnave863tnave863 Member Posts: 12

The roof top panel, there's a charger/controller that's hidden somewhere behind the TV. It's blue tooth enabled, so you can control it from your smart phone (I just found this yesterday, so still learning).

@kevineso1 said:
    Martog, I too am planning a custom order. the dealer nearest me doesn't have on the lot what i'm looking for anyway. where did you find a "custom order sheet" with available options? the nearest dealer to me is over 2 hours away, be nice to do some pre planning before making the trip to order up my T@G. any info would be great!!

The dealer I purchased mine from gave one to me before I made the purchase so I could see what options were available.

I got good news this week, it's on schedule to be finished on Wed Oct 24th and the dealer said I'll be able to come right in first thing Friday the 26th for pickup and installation of the brake controller and new receiver for my vehicle. Good thing I did book the campground for Sunday the 28th through the 31st!

Martog, please post some pictures after you pick it up see wee can see!!! congrats

Oh I definitely will have some pictures for sure, I've been waiting to see how the black sides, silver top/hatch and the blue matrix trim look.

Subaru Outback, 2010, plenty to pull this

• JoabmcJoabmc Member Posts: 64

Excited to see some pics as I am still waiting on mine. Looking like the end of November for me.

19 T@G XL Boondock Edge
    07 Lexus GX 470

• ontheroadontheroad Member Posts: 191

Congrats...we've had ours for over a year and she's taken us to 7 events...furthest being down to Alabama Gulf Shores State Park...from Ontario CA...awesome month on the road!

2021 T@B Boondock CS-S
    Former owner of 2017 T@G MAX XL
    2018 Nissan Pathfinder

@Joabmc said:
    Excited to see some pics as I am still waiting on mine. Looking like the end of November for me.

Hopefully you are somewhere warm so you can still take it. It's going to be a little chilly in Indiana but it'll be worth even going once this year before it turns to snow.

@ontheroad said:
    Congrats...we've had ours for over a year and she's taken us to 7 events...furthest being down to Alabama Gulf Shores State Park...from Ontario CA...awesome month on the road!

Yeah I can't wait, sucks I decided at the end of the year to get one haha, but there is always next year coming right around the corner!

@Martog we are in the NE so already chilly. Still planning on heading out w/ it as soon as we take possession. Used to renting most of the time so this will be like the Hilton! Going to rig up a small heater and head to the woods.

19 T@G XL Boondock Edge
    07 Lexus GX 470

@Joabmc said:
    @Martog we are in the NE so already chilly. Still planning on heading out w/ it as soon as we take possession. Used to renting most of the time so this will be like the Hilton! Going to rig up a small heater and head to the woods.

Yeah it has gotten chilly as well here, I will probably pick up a small wall outlet heater for my trip this coming weekend, it's the only one I plan on doing this year.

• LuckyJLuckyJ Member Posts: 1,240

Looking good!
    'Is it tye final ride hight, could be an illusion, but looks like it is nose down. This increase the tongue weight and looks wierd (unbalance).

But again, looks realy good! Congrat!

I can't really say I took the pictures completely level either haha. I'll have to look at it when I hitch it up and for sure know it's on a level surface, that parking lot wasn't the most even. The issue with the Boondock's is they also sit higher too than the normal T@G's.

What is your hitch height? I was told that it was approximately 20”

19 T@G XL Boondock Edge
    07 Lexus GX 470

I really don't know, I'll have to measure it tomorrow on a level surface with the hitch attached. The dealer hitched it up to my Outback and didn't say anything if it wasn't level. The manual doesn't say what the ideal height is either, go figure.

I'm curious as to what this person's is over on the T@B forum as they have Subaru Outback looks like same gen or one newer as mine and a T@B with the Outback Axel.

https://tab-rv.vanillacommunity.com/discussion/5333/hitch-height