Options

Pulled the trigger on one!

Comments

• Options
    JumperJumper Member Posts: 70

That is the best looking Tag that I have seen!

• Options
    MartogMartog Member Posts: 97

@Jumper said:
    That is the best looking Tag that I have seen!

Lets see how many go for a custom order with similar colors!

The dealer has a T@B 320 Boondock with black sides and red trim, they also had a T@G 2018 XL with the black sides and red trim, I thought they looked slick but this one takes the cake. The people at the dealership said it even looked better than the black and red's they got in.

2019 T@G XL Boondock Edge "Prometheus"
    2010 Subaru Outback 2.5L "Ecto 10"

• Options
    LuckyJLuckyJ Member Posts: 1,240

@Martog said:
    I really don't know, I'll have to measure it tomorrow on a level surface with the hitch attached. The dealer hitched it up to my Outback and didn't say anything if it wasn't level. The manual doesn't say what the ideal height is either, go figure.

I'm curious as to what this person's is over on the T@B forum as they have Subaru Outback looks like same gen or one newer as mine and a T@B with the Outback Axel.

https://tab-rv.vanillacommunity.com/discussion/5333/hitch-height

Once you do this, leave it on the jack, use a carpenter level on the trailer frame Under the from a frame would do, and compare to the hight of you TV hitch ball. You do not have to go with an adjustable hitch hand, cause many hights are available, and for example, a 2" drop hand can also be a 2" up if you simply mount it up side down.

And you might have some drop in the tv suspension when you hook it up, but that should no be to important if you TD weight is balance from front to rear to keep about 150 lbs to the hitch.

• Options

@LuckyJ said:

Once you do this, leave it on the jack, use a carpenter level on the trailer frame Under the from a frame would do, and compare to the hight of you TV hitch ball. You do not have to go with an adjustable hitch hand, cause many hights are available, and for example, a 2" drop hand can also be a 2" up if you simply mount it up side down.

And you might have some drop in the tv suspension when you hook it up, but that should no be to important if you TD weight is balance from front to rear to keep about 150 lbs to the hitch.

I'll have to do that when I get back, I'm going on my first trip today. I called the service shop yesterday and they said I should be fine with a little bit if a drop and when they had it hitched they didn't see a problem with the level of it in their shop.

Where I took the picture at the parking lot isn't in great condition, has pot holes, dips, etc. Where I parked it actually water would pool under it if it was raining much due to the dip in that area of the lot. I would usually avoid that area to park when it rained a bit due to having to step in a giant puddle to get in and out of the vehicle.

When I brought it to the apartment, it was almost like it wasn't back there, kind of like my jet ski trailer. Breaking seemed a lot better due to the electric brake controller.

• Options
    Michigan_MikeMichigan_Mike Member Posts: 517

Sweet looking trailer!

Michigan Mike
    Linden, Mi
    2019 T@B 400

• Options
    edited October 2018

Well I wish things had gone a little better on my way to the state park, I already have a warranty issue. When I was driving I had the privacy shades up as when I stopped I didn't want people looking inside. I noticed the font window shade looked quite odd. It had been driving through rain and wind I made a stop and the shade was push out some from whee it sits. It was really windy where I was in could feel the wind coming from the bottom of the window. There was a little water too not bad, if it had been the top of the window I would have had to turn around due to there would have been a lot more water I also think this is why it got a little cooler than I expected inside but I brought a heater

The next thing isn't anything wrong with the trailer but when I got to the campsite and went to open the hatch, my temp tag had ripped off, 300 miles and no idea when it happened. I'm here until Wednesday I may see if I can get tht dealer to overnight a new one as I'm in a different state. Other wise might be a fun trip back if I get pulled over, I do have the temp license paperwork on me and the insurance.

Though on a cool note, a few campsites down as I pulled in I saw another T@G! I went up to the trailer and it is an XL Boondock light model and they were also using a Subaru Outback 4 cylinder to pull it. I chatted with the gentleman and he said they had it since May and have traveled over 4200 miles since getting it. Gave me a few tips too on pulling it with the Outback. It was dark out but I told him to stop by today if he wants to see mine as he was excited someone else had the same setup they did.

• Options

Sad this is happening. In our case, the temps plate was place inside one of the side window when I got it. Do not know if this would have been acceptable in other states and province.

As for the shade and water coming coming in, did you notice if the window latch were fully closed. You have two position. One for letting a bit of ventilation coming in when parked. And the best way to close that stargazing window is to start by the top latch and finish by the lower one.

And yep, it is a bumer that we have to leave shade open when traveling.

And finaly, for the trailer being level, i absolutely understand that the pic was not the best to come up with a conclusion. Specialy since the TV was not even in the pics. And in any case, it does not have to be perfectly level. Just close enough is good enough. :)

Hope that the problems get solved quickly! :)

Enjoy you T@G!

• Options

I have them all latched right now, I had to unlatch all 6 to open it,i just t tried it. I guess I don't understand there are two positions, do you just mean leave a couple latches open for venting?

I think it's a little lower than it should be. I noticed the couple with the Outback here had possibly a similar hitch but had it turned the opposite of mine to put the ball higher.

• Options

For the window latch, if you notice, the trailer frame part of the latch have a 2 blades. The space in tye middle of the 2 blades is to lock the window in venting mode. When you place the latch further inside toward trailer in, it is the fully closed position. It should be harder to close and this is how it should be while driving around.

As for the hitch, what you have notice is exactly the possible adjustment that you can do to make it level w/o going to an adjustable one.

• Options

I understand the two blade thing but all of my latches are single blade, all 6 of them. They also all have two positions, latched and in latched. Maybe the maker of the window changed it recently?

Mine is a very small change, it sticks straight out and curently is in the highest position , I'll have to get a whole new hitch to get it higher.

• Options
    WilliamAWilliamA Member Posts: 1,311
    edited October 2018

@Martog said:
    I understand the two blade thing but all of my latches are single blade, all 6 of them. They also all have two positions, latched and in latched. Maybe the maker of the window changed it recently?

Mine is a very small change, it sticks straight out and curently is in the highest position , I'll have to get a whole new hitch to get it higher.

Welcome to the mile high pile O hitches club! I think I have about 2 dozen or so. On the up-side, I get a great aerobic workout moving them around the garage. If I had been smart from the go, I'd have gotten an adjustable insert the first or second time. But then, no one has ever confused me with Einstein. My ex girlfriend used to say: "you're smarter than you look, but you'd just about HAVE to be..."

As to the latches, just take the teething problems in the knees. We've all been there. In my case, It's been about 50/50 working out adjustments and just plain not understanding how the thing works. I really like the windows on my T@G, but I also never leave home base without a roll or two of duct tape.
    "HAVE TAPE, WILL TRAVEL....TAPE NOW, FIX LATER..."

For the latch slots, LuckyJ is referring to not the movable latch but the fixed latch anchor on the frame. If you examine them closely, you'll see the anchors have 2 positions where they lock. It took me a few trips and a wet cleanup to figure that one out. LuckyJ saved me on that one too... =)
    WilliamA

"When I am in charge, Starburst brand fruit chews will get their own food group....and where are all the freakin laser beams? There should be more laser beams..."

2021 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk
    2017 T@G XL
    Boyceville, Wi.

• Options

Yeah and the sucky part is I bought a multi-purpose mount with a dip down ball attachment which I think will put it even lower than what I have now and a receiver on it so I could attach my bike rack. Now I'm not sure what to do about the bike, I mean it fits in the back of my Outback no issue, but if someone else comes with me and wants to bring theirs it just won't really work and I'm not keen on attaching them to the top of the car or trailer. I'd be fine if I didn't get a Boondock T@G lol.

I'm also a little iffy on towing with the Outback 2.5l with it's CVT since it's one of the older models, it struggled somewhere I needed to drop down in MPH.

So for the latch, I attached a picture from mine, are we talking about the item with the square screws? And if so, is it in the correct position or not? I have one that is ever so slightly offer, but otherwise they all look like the one below. If it is something I can correct I'd like to not take it back to the dealer.

• Options

That is a nice pic!
    'So where the latch is sitting in the middle slot right now is the venting position. You need to bring it in one more notch, align with the screws. An again, in order to do this, start by closing the upper latch, working your way to the last bottom ones.

As for the hict, is it so terrible? Show us a pic with the 4" off set in tye high position on level ground.

Like this, a pics is worth many words, or in this case, many post! :)

• Options

@LuckyJ said:
    That is a nice pic!
    'So where the latch is sitting in the middle slot right now is the venting position. You need to bring it in one more notch, align with the screws. An again, in order to do this, start by closing the upper latch, working your way to the last bottom ones.

As for the hict, is it so terrible? Show us a pic with the 4" off set in tye high position on level ground.

Like this, a pics is worth many words, or in this case, many post! :)

I keep re-reading this and can't really figure this out, I'm so sorry. Which screws? The Philips or the square head? From my view it's not in a "middle slot" but one of the two end slots, being closest to the interior of the trailer which I would think would make it be in the most closed position.

And second, why is this NOT documented anywhere? I mean if they are set to a venting position from the factory, that's not a good thing as my dealer thinks there is a defect with the window and didn't mention a "venting" position. It's a pretty bad thing to not document due to it lets water into the unit.

When I hitch it up again I'll take a picture as the road here is level, but again if I go with the new hitch (which I can only do if I replace the Class 2 receiver with a class 3) it'll go down further than what it is now.

• Options
    edited November 2018

The robertson scews, the square ones. And nope, it was not mentionned anywhere. And you dealer is like mine, did not know much about the T@Gs.

So, pull the windows one more notch on the window frame piece. And again, release all 6 off tyem and start at the top and work you way down. If it is to tight, then you might have to losse the frame braket a bit and readjust them.

I would gladly take a picture, but my trailer is at the cabin more than 3 hours away. Will be back there next monday.

• Options

Alright I got to see if I have a square bits for my screw driver anywhere, I have both set of allen wrenches and a torx set but unsure about square, I just don't run into them working on computers.

And I'll be honest I won't be a happy camper if they were in the venting position all along.

Even if the dealer doesn't know about them, it should be in a manual somewhere, I don't mind reading them honestly!

Also have you used your radio on bluetooth much to your phone? Mine was driving me nuts, every time I walked out of range and came back, the two wouldn't talk easily and I had to do some putzing around, never had this much issue with BT devices reconnecting. If I remembered to shut the radio off then go back in range, turn it on, it worked fine.

• Options
    ChaverimChaverim Member Posts: 90

The radio does have the worst bluettooth system I’ve used for sure. That being said, my major complaint about it is that I didn’t know what Arc was and pulled it out to hook up RCA cables to find out I didn’t need them anyways.

Mike
    Chaverim Basenjis
    -—-—-—-—-—-—-—-—-—-—-—-—-—-—-—-—-—-—-—
    2018 T@G Sofitel
    2016 Audi A3 e-tron

• Options

Alright so I found a robertson bit that works with my screw driver, horray. So I put the screws in this position, don't mind it being a little crooked, I was testing:

I'm going to be honest, I could stick my hand through the window with it being latched. That seems like the "venting" position?

So I put them back like this:

I could do this still!

But not put my whole hand through it, it was a little struggle with the index finger.

I'm at a loss, it was looser when I changed the position than what it came from the factory like.

• Options

@Chaverim said:
    The radio does have the worst bluettooth system I’ve used for sure. That being said, my major complaint about it is that I didn’t know what Arc was and pulled it out to hook up RCA cables to find out I didn’t need them anyways.

Yeah I'll have to play with it more, I wonder if there is a firmware update we can do via the USB interface, like put a file on a flash drive and have it update.

Do you need an antenna for the TV? I thought on the non-HDMI connected TV's it would go through the radio for signal, but it seems like you need to connect to the external coax port for signal on the HDMI Arc connected TV's?

• Options
    BBsGarageBBsGarage Member Posts: 396

The clasp has two positions, the one you have it in now and the one on the very end.
    You want to move the handle to the back most position on the clasp.

Bill

2017 T@G Max XL, New Jersey.
    You can drive along 10,000 miles, and still stay where you are.

• Options
    Geoff_AckerGeoff_Acker Member Posts: 17

Bill, you beat me to it! I was going to post a similar picture. That venting option is confusing. The only thing its good for is letting in water. Even with all my windows vented and the screens up I get very little air flow. As good as Nucamp is about building quality campers, they are equally as bad at not giving you the proper information to use them. I love our TAG XL but man, I could write a book about all the things I've had to figure out myself and I've only had it two months! I could also write a book about how much I hate the air conditioner.

As for the hitch, I had to flip my 2" drop hitch upside down and that worked like a charm.

2019 T@G XL

• Options

@BBsGarage said:

The clasp has two positions, the one you have it in now and the one on the very end.

Thank you for the pics @BBsGarage. I hope that with this one, he will get it! ;). I guess he is right, he need a manual for this. But I am sure, he is much better with computers that I will ever be. :)

And you are right about the blue tooth system. It is not an easy system.

• Options

@BBsGarage said:

Seriously ?? What an unintuitive latching mechansim. I understand nuCamp doesn't make the windows but just wow. I'm sorry I was not able to figure it out without a picture haha. I just for some reason couldn't grasp what I was being told but it makes 100% sense now I will try it when I get home. I have the unit open but want to close it all up and run my handy heater in it (it got slightly wet so wanted to let it dry) to dry the interior completely up.

And for bring good with computers the Bluetooth is very frustrating, I've had Bluetooth in my Outback for hands free on the radio unit and it has worked great which perplexed me why the Jensen is so horrible at just reconnecting.

• Options
    BBsGarageBBsGarage Member Posts: 396

@Martog said:

@BBsGarage said:

Seriously ?? What an unintuitive latching mechansim. I understand nuCamp doesn't make the windows but just wow. I'm sorry I was not able to figure it out without a picture haha. I just for some reason couldn't grasp what I was being told but it makes 100% sense now I will try it when I get home. I have the unit open but want to close it all up and run my handy heater in it (it got slightly wet so wanted to let it dry) to dry the interior completely up.

And for bring good with computers the Bluetooth is very frustrating, I've had Bluetooth in my Outback for hands free on the radio unit and it has worked great which perplexed me why the Jensen is so horrible at just reconnecting.

No worries, sometimes its difficult to explain when a pic makes it simple.

Bill

2017 T@G Max XL, New Jersey.
    You can drive along 10,000 miles, and still stay where you are.

• Options

Guess what? If you wnt to heat the inside of your trailer to dry it out, you better keep thos windows i. The venting position and crack the roof vent a bit, so moist warm air can get out.

But now, you now how to do it! ;)

• Options

By golly I think I am in business!

Thanks for all the help on this, I can cancel my appointment to take this back to the dealer, it's so much tighter against the trailer now. Should I do this also for the side windows?? They didn't seem to leak water but probably better safe than sorry.

I have the side windows cracked right now and the front just in venting while I have the doors closed and my handy heater warming it up inside to dry it out. I'll be cleaning out the galley this weekend, I have the fridge open, so many little bugs got in it lol.

Also since I plan on having this outside with a cover on it, should the windows be in the venting position or fully closed? I do know I should go check on it every now and then and open up the doors to air it out. Also I read I should keep the fridge not latched closed.

@Geoff_Acker said:
    Bill, you beat me to it! I was going to post a similar picture. That venting option is confusing. The only thing its good for is letting in water. Even with all my windows vented and the screens up I get very little air flow. As good as Nucamp is about building quality campers, they are equally as bad at not giving you the proper information to use them. I love our TAG XL but man, I could write a book about all the things I've had to figure out myself and I've only had it two months! I could also write a book about how much I hate the air conditioner.

As for the hitch, I had to flip my 2" drop hitch upside down and that worked like a charm.

I saw your post about the air conditioner, that'll be fun to play with when it is warm again outside.

• Options

i just got a flash back. When I took delevery of the trailer, the windows were all in the fully closed position. It took me quite a while and I think some forum reading to realized that mid slot fot to lock the window in partialy open position. So funny to see to different conclusion on the same item. Lol

• Options

Not so funny when you got water in you brand new T@G! :angry:

Also I know there are concerns about the early CVT based Outbacks and I was uneasy watching my RPM jump to over 4K at times, especially inclines where I had to drop the speed down.

I thought about purchasing a used 2010-2014 3.6L 6 cylinder Outback as they are not CVT and have more horsepower, if I had to do it all over again I would have gotten the 3.6L but didn't think I would tow. Or possibly another vehicle with a 6 cylinder inside of it, I'm kind of torn honestly. The dealer said they'd buy back the receiver that isn't installed and refund the pre-purchased labor for it or if I got a different TV that it would fit on, like an Outback, I could just get it (and a 7way + brake controller) installed.

• Options

Sorry about that, when I said funny, i was not thinking about what happen, but more on how we see that little guizmo. But ai think you get my point.

As for the CVT, I am not able to help here, since they are also a point of questionning for me. Both my TV are 2005 model year and both are manual. The one that is my DD, even if not the maine TV, still need to have the capacity of towing the T@G and a lityle more. It now as more that 200 000 miles on the clock (original clucth), want to bring it to 250 000 before changing it (winter salt belt here). But after that, I do not know. Want to stick with small awd SUV and in that range, almost no more manual and most of them are automatic and more and more are cvt. I am not saying that I will not go that way, cause they are very fuel efficient. But are they reliable under tow, and specially on the long run, cause I always target for no less than 10 years, unlimited molage. And I know that to Toy RAV 4 is not on my list and I am scared of the subi for head gasket (but i heard that the torbo should be ok)

I would like to go with a Nissan rogue, mine is a nissan x-trail. But the Rogue is rated at 1000 lbs. I would not mind towing my T@G with a manual awd Rogue, but would not chance it with a CVT bevause of possible reliability in the long run.

So, I am also lost.

• Options

I found a 2010 3.6R Outback for about 10K, not sure if that's good deal or not, it looks like the limited package so it has all the features mine has now. It has 125K on it, and mine has 168K.