A/V in the 2019 TAG XL

All,

I know there has been some discussion in recent threads about some people not being able to get their Jensen TV audio (cable tv audio) to play through their overhead speakers. I was having the same problem with my 2019 TAG. I tried all the tips and suggestions on the threads but was still not successful. I even emailed the dealership and Nucamp and both told me that it wasn't possible. But after giving it one last shot I found a way! I'm sure that the Jensen receivers differ slightly through the years but with mine I had to put the mode into "HDMI ARC" with zone A turned up. If you have a 2019 tag, this may work for earlier TAGs as well but I don't know, simply turn your TV on, go to

select select select and turn it . Your Jensen TV will now play cable audio through your overhead speakers! No extra wires are needed.

2019 T@G XL

Comments

• MikeLuckyMikeLucky Member Posts: 19

I can't believe the folks at Nucamp didn't have the answer. Yeah, the ARC stands for Audio Return Channel which means that the audio can flow both directions to and from the TV to the receiver via HDMI. So, with the ARC it means any audio that originates from the signal going straight to the TV, it can be passed back to the receiver via the same HDMI that it also receives signal from the receiver.

• hooksnatcherhooksnatcher Member Posts: 14

Just FYI: In our 2017 T@G, the 3-connector AV cable from the television (YRW) had the audio connectors (RW) connected to the audio inputs of the Jenson AWM968 instead of the output connectors. During a recent mod project, I corrected that and added a second audio cable from the Television audio out to the AWM968 audio in connectors. Now I can go both ways with the Television/DVD audio.

RV 2017 T@G XL TV's 2016 Subaru Crosstrek, 2019 Subaru Outback, 2002 Toyota Tacoma PreRunner