Options

Max Wattage for heater inside Tag?

So I picked up a small space heater for camping use, and figured I could use it inside the Tag. It's rated at 750/1500 watts. I plugged it into the internal plug in the Tag and got nothing. However, when I connect it to the GFCI plug in the galley it works just fine. So I have a good heater for the outside when it gets chilly when we cook, but I am at a loss indoors. Is there anything that tells you what the max wattage is for the internal plugs inside the trailer? I want to get a small space heater to take the chill out when camping...and I don't want a propane one. I'm thinking of the Lasko MyHeat...only 200 watts. Think that will do the trick. Anyone know what I can use that would still work well inside the camper?

Comments

• Options
    WilliamAWilliamA Member Posts: 1,311

Rich,
    My electric furnace is either 750/1500 watts. Since I installed it, other than testing I've never run it on the high setting. 750 watts works out to about 6.3 amps or so. Any outlet in your rig can easily, safely handle that. Sounds like you've got a tripped breaker or bad connection.
    My arduous calculations followed by realtime testing in two teardrops shows me that 750 watts of heat in a T@G XL will do just fine. I've used my furnace for days on end (It's on right now out in the yard maintaining 55 degrees just to keep mold down) down to about freezing and below and it does the job. 600 watts in the "big" T@G is adequate, but won't keep up below 40 degrees. 1500 is WAY too much unless you are doing a quick warm-up.
    WilliamA

"When I am in charge, Starburst brand fruit chews will get their own food group....and where are all the freakin laser beams? There should be more laser beams..."

2021 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk
    2017 T@G XL
    Boyceville, Wi.

• Options
    rich67rich67 Member Posts: 165
    edited October 2018

Yeah I'm an idiot. The heater has tip over protection...there's a switch on the base. I had it in my hand when I tried to get it to work, and therefore....well....yeah. It works just fine. LOL