Options

Assist Handel's

Has anyone ever added assist handles to the interior of a 5W, and if so, what would be the prime location?

Comments

• Options
    ChaverimChaverim Member Posts: 90

I have not but the frames of the windows are good aluminum to use.

Mike
    Chaverim Basenjis
    -—-—-—-—-—-—-—-—-—-—-—-—-—-—-—-—-—-—-—
    2018 T@G Sofitel
    2016 Audi A3 e-tron

• Options
    LuckyJLuckyJ Member Posts: 1,240
    edited November 2018

I have some. I basicaly found the same type of handle that are used for the rear kitchen cabinet and inside cabinet, and installed them under the storage cabinet, each side of the stargazing window. They are made by Richelieu, and maybe an othe company.pretty shure something could be also place allong the door frame, simce the frame is aluminium.

It just give me the little help I sometime need.

Sorry, no pics and away from the Td until monday.

• Options
    mgreen2mgreen2 Member Posts: 193

I’ve seen photos of someone putting in handles made for a bathroom on the side by the door.

2017 T@G Max

• Options
    nbrandtnbrandt Member Posts: 31

I have a T@G with a Stargazer window, which means that there are two smaller shelves up high on either side of the window. I bought the fittings for a closet rod and then shortened the closet rod to fit between the two shelves using the hardware to hold it in place. I originally thought it would be a good place to put hanging clothes in the T@G will traveling, or to dry a towel - and it works for all of that, but one of the unexpected benefits is that it is so sturdy that it is an excellent grab handle that gives you a little extra help sitting up or scooting around on your butt inside the trailer. When I get a chance, I'll take a picture and post it here.
    NathanB