Options

Searching the site/sites

WilliamAWilliamA Member Posts: 1,311
edited November 2018 in T@G & Factory Comments

This sort of thing was covered not too long ago in the "kind hearted suggestions to NuCamp" thread, but I think that because of recent post-searching confusion it bears repeating. Many LG/T@G/T@B users often are looking for the same information on cross-platform trailers. For example, folks on the LG website looking for axle information that has been covered on the T@G website etc. I've pushed the buzzer on this before, but It would be nice if the search feature might also cover our sister websites for such bits and bobs of information. I'm not sure how solid the firewall is between LG/T@G/T@B forum websites but it seems like there should be some way to search all 3 without the dreaded log-out, log-in, search, repeat 2 more times. Perhaps the moderators/admin folk have discussed it with NuCamp/Vanilla/Raspberry/Chocolate Mocha or whoever is running the forums and perhaps there's good reason for not doing it, but it seems logical. Lots of folks are spending lots of time searching for information that's been well covered in one of the other sites. Thoughts from the moderators/admin? Beuler? Anyone?

Just sayin.....

WilliamA

"When I am in charge, Starburst brand fruit chews will get their own food group....and where are all the freakin laser beams? There should be more laser beams..."

2021 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk
2017 T@G XL
Boyceville, Wi.

Comments

• Options
    BBsGarageBBsGarage Member Posts: 396

Well LG and NuCamp are totally different companies so a link between those two forums probably wont happen. Technically speaking the T@G and T@B forums are probably separate forums/databases and while it may be possible, is the reward worth the cost of implementation.

My .02 cents worth anyway.

Bill

2017 T@G Max XL, New Jersey.
    You can drive along 10,000 miles, and still stay where you are.

• Options
    Fourman110Fourman110 Member Posts: 229

Still a good idea.

“I'm T@G-ing Out"
    Jay

• Options
    Sharon_is_SAMSharon_is_SAM Administrator Posts: 632

Here is an idea that will at least allow you to search the TaB area without logging in. Paste this into your address box and follow it with the item of information that you want, such as axle or air conditioning, etc. and a nice search will come up.

site:https://tab-rv.vanillaforums.com

You can probably do the same thing using the TaG log on: site:https://teardrop-trailers.vanillacommunity.com

Sharon - Westlake, Ohio | 2017 TaB CSS - Forum Administrator

• Options
    LuckyJLuckyJ Member Posts: 1,240

@BBsGarage said:
    Well LG and NuCamp are totally different companies so a link between those two forums probably wont happen. Technically speaking the T@G and T@B forums are probably separate forums/databases and while it may be possible, is the reward worth the cost of implementation.

My .02 cents worth anyway.

We all understand that LG and NuCamp are now two different company, but their used to be partership between the two, and it all started with only one forum, where the T@G was also a part of the discussion. Then, they parted ways, so nucamp created it own forum, but all the previous data and archives did not follow.

Then with a growing number of T@G, nucamp decided to split the forums again. So, people like me and surely others, have got topics in all the forum. And trying to transfert these from the first to the last, is not easy and very labor intensive. This is why, Will is coming up with thai suggestion, that I can only support.

• Options
    ontheroadontheroad Member Posts: 191

I am on all the forums...though not as frequent ly now...totally understand why the tab and tag are separated...do I really need to learn about the alde....not yet 😀...unfortunately we did not get the LG info about the tag brought to this forum like the tab did...we didn't fight hard enough for it...tabbers did!

2021 T@B Boondock CS-S
    Former owner of 2017 T@G MAX XL
    2018 Nissan Pathfinder

• Options
    ontheroadontheroad Member Posts: 191

For those that want to go quickly between the tag and tab forums ....Mike did create redirects at the top of the discussion area where you sign in....very quick for non saavy computer people....like me....resize a pic...duh....lol

2021 T@B Boondock CS-S
    Former owner of 2017 T@G MAX XL
    2018 Nissan Pathfinder

• Options
    WilliamAWilliamA Member Posts: 1,311
    edited December 2018

I have all of them bookmarked. The issue is when I sign into one it boots me from the other, requiring re-login every time. Not a big thing, but it's a thing...
    WilliamA

"When I am in charge, Starburst brand fruit chews will get their own food group....and where are all the freakin laser beams? There should be more laser beams..."

2021 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk
    2017 T@G XL
    Boyceville, Wi.

• Options
    LuckyJLuckyJ Member Posts: 1,240

@WilliamA said:
    I have all of them bookmarked. The issue is when I sign into one it boots me from the other, requiring re-login every time. Not a big thing, but it's a thing...
    WilliamA

I do not have the problem with my I pad. I am always logged on one and the other. But I am not able to log to the LG forum, and I realized it is probably cause my androide Samsung Tab 8 is always log on that forum. Took me a while to figure this one out.

• Options
    Michigan_MikeMichigan_Mike Administrator Posts: 517

I understand your frustration William and certainly can’t disagree with your suggestion as it’s valid and would be a great upgrade. However the ability to search both venues with a keystroke isn’t in the near future as the Vanilla platform doesn’t allow it and although the technology is out there, Vanilla isn’t responsive to the$e type$ of reque$t$ as they are handcuffed therein by the obvious. Believe me, we’ve messaged and spoken to their tech reps many times behind the scenes, offered up great suggestions and they end up in their circular file.

We as moderators and admin are as frustrated as you are as simple fixes (e.g. automatic photo resizing, etc.) for things like the above are not addressed. We felt fortunate when an enhanced search capability was introduced singularly for each forum area! So with that said, you’ll just have to tough it out as we all have to do.... Sorry

Michigan Mike
    Linden, Mi
    2019 T@B 400