Options

Am I being too picky or is this a warranty issue...

JmsJms Member Posts: 50

I've discovered some fit/finish issues with my new 2018 T@G XL Outback trailer, and I was wondering if folks think I'm being too picky or if this would be a warranty/workmanship issue. The two sliding doors at the headboard have a gap because one of the doors appears to be too short. Also one of the doors on the overhead cabinet next to the air conditioner is warped and doesn't close straight. Workmanship issue or me being too picky?

Comments

• Options
    ChaverimChaverim Member Posts: 90

Warranty issue to me. You’re paying a high premium for these units. Mine was almost 15k and also has issues but my dealer sucks so I just deal with the little things myself.

Mike
    Chaverim Basenjis
    -—-—-—-—-—-—-—-—-—-—-—-—-—-—-—-—-—-—-—
    2018 T@G Sofitel
    2016 Audi A3 e-tron

• Options
    JoabmcJoabmc Member Posts: 64

I recently purchased a 19 Boondock and would not be happy about the workmanship. All of my cabinets fit tightly. And the headboard is not acceptable IMO. Also read your thread about the door not fitting properly as well. Makes me wonder if something happened to this rig in transit? I’d definitely be asking questions and getting some of the issues you’ve described taken care of. You shouldn’t need to re-caulk a brand new trailer or other items that’s coming straight from the dealer. These items should have been inspected/ corrected/ replaced before you took delivery. Good luck and from what I’ve read, NuCamp is top notch.

19 T@G XL Boondock Edge
    07 Lexus GX 470

• Options

It all depends on where you are. The farther west you go the less influence they have and if your dealer is no good then it’s really on you.

Mike
    Chaverim Basenjis
    2018 T@G Sofitel
    2016 Audi A3 e-tron

• Options
    WilliamAWilliamA Member Posts: 1,311

The door hinge needs to be adjusted a bit. Can't see the gap in the sliding doors. I'm sure the dealer would take care of both if you don't want to.
    WilliamA

"When I am in charge, Starburst brand fruit chews will get their own food group....and where are all the freakin laser beams? There should be more laser beams..."

2021 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk
    2017 T@G XL
    Boyceville, Wi.

• Options
    Sharon_is_SAMSharon_is_SAM Administrator Posts: 637

@Jms, send an email and your pics to: warranty@nucamprv.com

You are not being too picky. Surprised the sliding door would be so short as they are machine cut.

Sharon - Westlake, Ohio | 2017 TaB CSS - Forum Administrator

• Options
    LuckyJLuckyJ Member Posts: 1,240

@WilliamA said:
    The door hinge needs to be adjusted a bit. Can't see the gap in the sliding doors. I'm sure the dealer would take care of both if you don't want to.
    WilliamA

I agree with the door, probably just adjustment.

But @WilliamA, you do not see the 2" gap in between the tow sliding doors, I can them them from way up here in nort eastern Quebec! Lol

And like Sharon mentionned, if dealer is not good, contact nucamp directly. I am sure they will simply send you tye sliding door via transport. You probably only have to slide them up to remove and exchange them.

Good luck

• Options
    MichaelMichael Member Posts: 45

How much wider is a XL? My guess is one (or both) panels are for a 5W.

• Options

My guess is you just got standard 5w doors on the XL headboard. Simple mistake and easy to fix.

Mike
    Chaverim Basenjis
    2018 T@G Sofitel
    2016 Audi A3 e-tron

• Options
    WilliamAWilliamA Member Posts: 1,311

Just leave 1 or the other open! Easy fix! Or I could wear my glasses to read posts....

WilliamA

"When I am in charge, Starburst brand fruit chews will get their own food group....and where are all the freakin laser beams? There should be more laser beams..."

2021 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk
    2017 T@G XL
    Boyceville, Wi.

• Options
    Geoff_AckerGeoff_Acker Member Posts: 17

Don't accept anything but near perfection with these campers. We all have paid the high price to own these campers. I expect the quality and craftsmanship that NuCamp is known for. Don't feel bad to exercise your warranty as much as you see fit.. you paid for it! My new camper came with the wrong color decals, within weeks I got the dealership to change them out for the color I ordered. I'm even taking it in again to have the AC looked at as i'm not happy with it's performance.

2019 T@G XL

• Options
    TomDTomD Member Posts: 358

I would deal direct with NuCamp for this stuff and see if you can’t fix most of this by yourself. The RV dealers are generally not interested in reworking a T@G or anything for that matter when they have 30 foot and 50 foot motor castles lined up for major repairs $$$. I had some serious repairs necessary for my SS in California that we’re covered by warranty and the whole process with my RV dealer took almost 4 months. Little Guy had to step in to get things going on top of that.

Tom
    Aptos, California
    2015 LG Silver Shadow
    2012 Ford Edge Sport TV

• Options
    Michigan_MikeMichigan_Mike Member Posts: 517

@Jms said:
    I've discovered some fit/finish issues with my new 2018 T@G XL Outback trailer, and I was wondering if folks think I'm being too picky or if this would be a warranty/workmanship issue. The two sliding doors at the headboard have a gap because one of the doors appears to be too short. Also one of the doors on the overhead cabinet next to the air conditioner is warped and doesn't close straight. Workmanship issue or me being too picky?

Your first line of contact is the dealer. If they are unable to resolve the issues noted above to your complete satisfaction you'll want to contact the warranty department at nuCamp.

The headboard doors are obviously a build error and who knows, maybe someone mistakenly added a door intended for a smaller trailer, etc.? And inasmuch as things like this shouldn't happen, they do on occasion. Quality control apparently missed the headboard door issue and I've never known of this to have ever happened. The cabinet door should be easy to resolve and your dealer should be able to resolve the issues for you.

I will send a note on to nuCamp as a heads up (to these issues) as they like to know so that they can stay on top of things, educate their employees and do their best to ensure they don't happen again, as they want all of their customers to be happy campers.

Michigan Mike
    Linden, Mi
    2019 T@B 400

• Options

Thanks, everyone, for the feedback and suggestions! I did report all of the issues to the dealer, and the service manager said he is going to contact nuCamp warranty folks to get things taken care of. I'll follow up with the dealer next week to see what the plan is. If I have problems, though, I'll call nuCamp directly. Thanks Michigan Mike for passing my issues directly to nuCamp. Let me know if they would like to reach out directly to me. Seems like there are too many quality control issues in one trailer, and I hope they will go the extra mile to make them right.

• Options
    Michigan_MikeMichigan_Mike Member Posts: 517

nuCamp will go above and beyond to ensure your issues are taken care of. I don't know of any other trailer manufacturer out there who will replace a trailer for an owner and they have done this before. If you have any additional difficulties send me a personal message and will help you out as best I can.

Michigan Mike
    Linden, Mi
    2019 T@B 400

• Options

Fantastic! Thanks, Michigan Mike. I haven't heard from the dealer in a week, so I did email them this evening. They were supposed to be discussing resolutions with nuCamp, but I'm not sure if they have contacted nuCamp yet. I'll call on Friday if they don't respond to my email. I'll reach out if I can't get resolution through the dealer. Thanks, again! The support on this forum is amazing.