Options

Tweaked door on new trailer

JmsJms Member Posts: 50

I have a new 2018 T@G XL Outback, and after getting the trailer home, I've noticed one of the doors is a little crooked on the hinges. The passenger side door is installed straight and works fine, but the driver side door appears to be tweaked on its hinge and doesn't fit quite right in the door frame (top picture). The door still opens and closes fine, but it is angled a bit in the door opening so that the weather stripping doesn't make as much contact as it could, and the hinge is a little tight on the bottom (and there is a gap at the top of the hinge) so that it squeaks when opening and closing (middle picture). From the inside (bottom picture), you can see the silver metal edging of the door in the upper right of the door and how it is crooked. I'm feeling this is a warranty and workman ship issue, but I wanted to get folks' opinions before I contact the dealer and NuCamp. Thoughts?

Comments

• Options
    ChaverimChaverim Member Posts: 90

I’d say warranty issue. A good dealer should get it fixed for you.

Mike
    Chaverim Basenjis
    -—-—-—-—-—-—-—-—-—-—-—-—-—-—-—-—-—-—-—
    2018 T@G Sofitel
    2016 Audi A3 e-tron

• Options
    Michigan_MikeMichigan_Mike Member Posts: 517
    edited November 2018

Your first line of contact is the dealer. If they are unable to resolve the issues noted above to your complete satisfaction you'll want to contact the warranty department at nuCamp.

It looks as if one of the hinges might be bent a little. If you are a handyman you might be able to take a small block of wood and use a hammer to align the hinge. And if not, you should call your dealer and make them aware of things. If you do try to fix it yourself you'll want to just take it easy, position a piece of wood as needed and use some light hammer strokes as the aluminum will bend easily with the appropriate hammer stroke.

It could be that something got jammed between the door frame and door during closing and the door became misaligned. I also know that when the factory was using an earlier version of the door (pre Challenger door frames & doors), there was an issue closing the doors and getting the door locks to align and close properly. The current door assemblies are much better and should close similarly as a car dock closes. And if the door seal isn't lined up properly you will have a water issue down the road. Either way, this is a warranty repair and any dealer should be able to easily resolve the problem for you.

Hope that helps and let us know how you make out!

Michigan Mike
    Linden, Mi
    2019 T@B 400

• Options
    PuppersPuppers Member Posts: 2

Thanks for this topic. I recently took a 6 week trip and believe it or not I had perfect weather the whole time except for some moderate rain on one day of driving. I did notice that the side of the mattress was wet next to the door. Wasn't sure what that was about, but since I did not encounter anymore rain I forgot about it.

• Options
    ontheroadontheroad Member Posts: 191

Puppers I had a wet mattress once too...while opening the door into the tag...shuffling some things... didn't realize the door was getting rained on....oops... we have had another issue but thinking the bedding was pushing against the frame of door...a little damp....plastic bags are used while travelling in rainy weather....jic😃

2021 T@B Boondock CS-S
    Former owner of 2017 T@G MAX XL
    2018 Nissan Pathfinder