Options

Swivel tongue jacks

Is there a swivel tongue jack available on the market that fits the Tag XL, and has a caster, or casters?

Comments

• Options
    Michigan_MikeMichigan_Mike Member Posts: 517

Are you referring to something like an inflatable jockey wheel? They do make various setups out there and I watched a lady hydraulically lift and load her T@B trailer with one of these units and it actually transported the trailer over to her vehicle trailer hitch where she lowered it, locked it into place, etc.

In the past I have seen people (myself included) fabricate jockey wheel setups for the smaller teardrop trailers as they do help in loose, sandy soil and allow a trailer to be moved around easily. The hard plastic tires can be an issue and do not offer the same movement.

Michigan Mike
    Linden, Mi
    2019 T@B 400

• Options
    rickwe818rickwe818 Member Posts: 37

No Mike, I was referring to a setup where you can just swivel the jack horizontally while traveling. The problem is I think that my Tag's tongue may not be long enough to have it effectively swing up.

• Options
    Michigan_MikeMichigan_Mike Member Posts: 517

@rickwe818 said:
    No Mike, I was referring to a setup where you can just swivel the jack horizontally while traveling. The problem is I think that my Tag's tongue may not be long enough to have it effectively swing up.

I know they do make variations of these jacks and in the past I've seen people buy the type that bolt onto the frame. The issue however is as you've noted, regarding adequate clearance as a result of the frame and bottom line, the ability of the jack to raise the trailer up high enough to unhook from the tow vehicle.

You might want to look around etrailer.com as they have many products and also have discussions on related subjects there.

Michigan Mike
    Linden, Mi
    2019 T@B 400

• Options
    JoabmcJoabmc Member Posts: 64

Ever find a solution to this?

19 T@G XL Boondock Edge
    07 Lexus GX 470

• Options
    CampHubCampHub Member Posts: 113

@rickwe818 did you look at what some of us have done over on this thread? https://teardrop-trailers.vanillacommunity.com/discussion/comment/1530#Comment_1530 I remove my entire jack when traveling.

All the calculations show it can’t work. There’s only one thing to do: make it work.

• Options
    rickwe818rickwe818 Member Posts: 37

Haven't found a solution to this yet, but it's not a huge priority, either.

• Options
    walker1477walker1477 Member Posts: 5

I was trying to figure out a swivel jack as well. When I rebuilt my tongue I ended up welding 2 pipe type swivel mounts, one on each side so not only can I swivel the jack I can swap sides if I want. The pipe mounts are Bulldog 500240, and the jack is Bulldog 1541150301.

Hope that helps.

(the clip on the right hand side is just the emergency break wire, it's just where I store it when not hooked up)

• Options
    WilliamAWilliamA Member Posts: 1,311

It's not for everyone (no tongue wheel) but I live my folding tongue jack. It's fast and stable and out if the way without assembly or disassembly. I suspect if a person wanted one, you could always add the wheel.

Here's the link. It's on page 2.

WilliamA

https://teardrop-trailers.vanillacommunity.com/discussion/230/off-road-ready-upgrades-and-mods

"When I am in charge, Starburst brand fruit chews will get their own food group....and where are all the freakin laser beams? There should be more laser beams..."

2021 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk
    2017 T@G XL
    Boyceville, Wi.

• Options
    LuckyJLuckyJ Member Posts: 1,240

@walker1477 said:
    I was trying to figure out a swivel jack as well. When I rebuilt my tongue I ended up welding 2 pipe type swivel mounts, one on each side so not only can I swivel the jack I can swap sides if I want. The pipe mounts are Bulldog 500240, and the jack is Bulldog 1541150301.

Hope that helps.

(the clip on the right hand side is just the emergency break wire, it's just where I store it when not hooked up)

Interesting. Did not thick there was enought clearance for a swivel jack......well....to swivel.

Thank you!

And this is a nice welding job!