Options

Tv cabinet wall

Was thinking to make a pass thru port from inside the cabinet where tv is mounted. What is behind it? Or does anyone have a better idea. Without taking up my little space. Lol.

Comments

• Options
    tagurittagurit Member Posts: 179

I was investigating that as well but I think it would have to be about the level of the A/C and much wider to be useful.

• Options
    WilliamAWilliamA Member Posts: 1,311

It would be difficult. The wall between the galley and interior is actually a double wall. The space in between is an air passage for A/C cooling. If you don't have a/C you could make a passage fairly easily. I'm traveling but make a post or send me a message (sometimes forget!) and I will make a post on it.
    WilliamA

"When I am in charge, Starburst brand fruit chews will get their own food group....and where are all the freakin laser beams? There should be more laser beams..."

2021 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk
    2017 T@G XL
    Boyceville, Wi.

• Options
    LuckyJLuckyJ Member Posts: 1,240

The hight of the TV space is indeed to high. It would have to be, like said up-here at the level of the AC. But going a head with this, would mean that you remove the AC and that you do not need the ventilation shaft anymore. But an option would be about using on of the cabinet shelf space. And then, the cabinet door could close the pass from the inside when not needed.

Perso, the cabinet space are so small and so out off reach, that After 2 years, I still do not know what to really used them for. :)

• Options
    LightningdonLightningdon Member Posts: 110

You will notice from the pic posted above, that the downward slope of the roof of the camper would prevent a passthru behind the TV cabinet. You could go thru where the AC is located though.

• Options

Every time I see those blie connectors in our trailers, I get scared. Lol. Aye yiall yaill!

• Options
    WilliamAWilliamA Member Posts: 1,311

@LuckyJ said:
    Every time I see those blie connectors in our trailers, I get scared. Lol. Aye yiall yaill!

What LuckyJ said X2. I personally just hate scotch-lock connectors for any use. I do carry a few in my electrical "possibles" kit. I might use a couple if Russian tanks were coming up the hill into the campground and I needed to get my trailer lights working before getting out of town, but that's the only reason I'd use them. When I did my first foray into the back of my trailer and saw all the scotch locks, I committed to getting rid of them. I quickly decided that was a fools' errand. They infest my trailer like mice in a barn. My pragmatic self decided that as I upgraded things, I'd remove the ones directly in line with what I was working on.
    To be fair, at least the wiring is good, heavy copper so it's not as bad as putting a scotch-lock on an 18 gauge wire. Scotch-locks frequently cut some of the wire they clamp to and also expose the wire core to corrosion. I've said my piece many times about making good, watertight electrical connections.

As to the pass-through, the only place it's really a feasible idea is directly behind the A/C unit. It could be done fairly (fairly....relative term there) easily, but I had pass-through's in my LG and never really understood the reasoning. For my money, it's a ton of work for not much gain.

WilliamA

"When I am in charge, Starburst brand fruit chews will get their own food group....and where are all the freakin laser beams? There should be more laser beams..."

2021 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk
    2017 T@G XL
    Boyceville, Wi.

• Options

I would beleive that the only reason for the pass-through is be able to pass a hot cup of joe and hot croissant to the love one in a cold morning. So if your couple need it,mthen I suggest that you go around and open the door.

Have to remember that this pace also become unusable storage space, unless you want to store something that would be available for sleeping and cooking quarters at the same time.