Options

Maiden Voyage

memphiahnmemphiahn Member Posts: 39

Hi,

It is my pleasure to join this forum where I will learn a lot more. We made our maiden voyage to Natchez Trace State Park, TN, last weekend after preparing many days. Since our 2018 T@G XL Outback (with solar panel) is our family's first ever RV, we made a lot of trials/errors, e.g., taking us an hour to hook/unhook our T@G to VW Tiguan (our towing vehicle):) Other than that, everything was going smoothly. It was amazing to have everything in the kitchen galley including sink, microwave, and refrigerator. The king sized bed in our trailer was comfy and we enjoyed A/C and DVD. Although I found the Jensen AV system is not perfect, I guess I will figure out how to better utilize it. Thank nuCamp for making such a great trailer! One missing part would be the side tent for the Outback version, which is not in the market yet. I could use the side tent not-for-the-outback-version but I may wait for the right version next year.

Meanwhile, I am thinking about putting some bugs screen in both doors. However, our efforts didn't prove that successful so far. Have you made/bought any bugs screen (magnetic) for these doors?

Thank you and I hope I can post more pics and stories soon!

Comments

• Options
    BBsGarageBBsGarage Member Posts: 396
    edited September 2017

Welcome aboard !
    The more you camp the more you will discover that you either need or dont need, We've been camping for .....well a really long time, and still find different ways to do things and stuff we have been lugging around that we never used. Its a never ending process.

Bill

2017 T@G Max XL, New Jersey.
    You can drive along 10,000 miles, and still stay where you are.

• Options
    LuckyJLuckyJ Member Posts: 1,240
    edited September 2017

Welcome to the T@G wolrd and the Nücamp family!

Traveling / camping with or w/o a trailer is a learning curve that can take time. But you should enjoy every minutes of it!

Happy trails! :)

• Options
    TomDTomD Member Posts: 358

Nice pic's.

Tom
    Aptos, California
    2015 LG Silver Shadow
    2012 Ford Edge Sport TV

• Options
    ontheroadontheroad Member Posts: 191

I have bought the mesh screen with the magnets enclosed, but would have to use industrial Velcro to fix to the inside of the trailer door wall...not quite ready to commit...resizing a pic that another T@GGER did

2021 T@B Boondock CS-S
    Former owner of 2017 T@G MAX XL
    2018 Nissan Pathfinder

• Options
    ontheroadontheroad Member Posts: 191

hopefully got it right...tried Mike...

2021 T@B Boondock CS-S
    Former owner of 2017 T@G MAX XL
    2018 Nissan Pathfinder

• Options
    edited November 2017

@Zurdo & @ontheroad, You guys revived my old posting!:) Zurdo—Mine is an Outback+XL model (that is a bit higher than non-Outback models). After talking to the Pahaque (they told me the side tent for Outback model will be on the market next April), I decided to make the tent by myself while buying the connecting collar ($30+shipping) from the Pahaque. I made it using my small shower tent. I did’t use it outside yet but it looks it would work. Using this experience and after beta-testing this tent soon, I plan to make a “better” side tent using more robust shower tent (from Lightspeed outdoors). Once I complete my pet project, I will post my mods here. I am also thinking I could buy instead a tent behind the kitchen area which XL Outback version is also not yet available. Or I could make the kitchen tent by myself. Will see.

• Options
    2jgcampers2jgcampers Member Posts: 47

@memphiahn, here's a URL for a post on the T@B forum re making no seeum screens, hope this works:
    http://tab-rv.vanillaforums.com/user/browse?keywords=99.72.241.173

You would need a sewing machine and more skills than I possess.

Twojs&Guinness&OD

• Options

Ok, you need a login for the other forum to go that URL route. Otherwise, if you prefer, just use your browser and search on no-see-um tutorial. That should do the trick!

Twojs&Guinness&OD

• Options

@Twojgrams, I am making a side entrance tent shown at the follwong Youtube (https://youtu.be/dvbsJDDaYKg) rather than a screen shown at the T@B forum. @Zurdo, awning is my next item:)

• Options

Oh for goodness sake-once again, I read too quickly-thought you wondered about window screens! Your plans are MUCH grander @memphiahn !

Twojs&Guinness&OD

• Options
    WilliamAWilliamA Member Posts: 1,311

I'm a big fan of simple. Your (Memphiahn's) setup is pretty much the same as mine. I've got the el-cheapo Ez-Up and it's been great. I can set it up myself in about 5 minutes, tie it on to my trailer (T@G outback XL) with two ratchet straps and a couple of tent stakes and that's about it. I've used this system in some pretty rude weather and it's fine. The only thing I plan to add is an eyebrow awning on the side of the trailer that I get in and out from. It's nice to not step out into a downpour. I'll make my own soon for that. Just need the fabric and keder rail.
    I'm feeling your pain on the hooking/unhooking. One of the few things I don't care for on the XL is the hitch. It works fine and stays where it should but is finicky to hook and unhook. You've got to get it just right. It's not a bad thing, just a thing. I prefer the hitch that came on my Little Guy as it was more forgiving when unhooking but this one is okay now that I'm used to it.
    WilliamA

"When I am in charge, Starburst brand fruit chews will get their own food group....and where are all the freakin laser beams? There should be more laser beams..."

2021 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk
    2017 T@G XL
    Boyceville, Wi.

• Options

Hi @WilliamA, glad to share commonalty of being simple (I believe for all our T@Ggers). Making an awning by yourself sounds like a big plan! Please share your succesful mod story with us when it is done. I am currently looking at the ARB awning.

BTW, I am now very good at hooking/unhooking but I am getting used to backing up my rig very slowly:).