nüCamp revised — Purchasing from the Parts Department effective 1/1/2019

nuCampnuCamp Administrator Posts: 34

Thanks so much for reaching out to your nuCamp family! Beginning January 2019, we are referring our customers to contact a dealer if an additional or replacement parts is needed. With that said, any of our dealers will be more than happy to assist you in obtaining the part that you need. If the dealer then recommends you contact us, we are more than willing to help you. You will still be able to pay over the phone and have it drop shipped wherever you would like (home, dealer, alternative location).

To find a dealer to help you purchase the part, please visit: https://nucamprv.com/internal-dealer-locator/ Please have your vin number and photos handy when contacting your dealer.

We apologize for the inconvenience this may have caused and we are certainly willing to assist should you encounter any difficulty.

Comments

• nbrandtnbrandt Member Posts: 31

While I am not privy to all of the trials and tribulations that go hand in hand with maintaining and staffing a parts department - as well as the logistics of sending such parts over the roadways and then there's the issue of "returns," however, having always worked on my trailer myself, I am somewhat sad that I cannot order parts from Nucamp directly. For sure, I can go to and through a dealer, but kudos to your staff because they always helped me with a "smile on their face" on the other end of the line. Thank you!

• jetraveljetravel Member Posts: 3
    edited February 2019

My local dealer is adding a $143 upcharge for the XL platform plus the cost of shipping. I'm now looking at $701 before even paying the cost of installation. Sadly this makes the upgrade prohibitively expensive for me now.

• Sharon_is_SAMSharon_is_SAM Administrator Posts: 622

You can use any dealer. It will be drop shipped to you. Shop around.

Sharon - Westlake, Ohio | 2017 TaB CSS - Forum Administrator

• LuckyJLuckyJ Member Posts: 1,240

I have seen this announce on the T@B forum as well, and I have to say that for me, I am not so trill about that. Even if I understand some of the reason for this.

My point is that my original dealer does is not a Nucamp dealer anymore, du to some tribulation, they lost acces to Nucamp to an other dealer who wanted exclusivity for the entire province and they are now more than 250 miles away.

No parts list available, no suggested retail pricing. And nucamp will even do a drop ship. So what are they really saving, since the dealer still have to proceed the order to nucamp and nucamp still have to do packaging, and shipping paperwork and custom in some case.

I agree that this is the usual way to do, but you get organized before improvising a solution.

Nucamp might be getting bigger, but not sure they are growing.

Hope real near futur proves me wrong.