Options

New to the trailer life.

JnA_McTagJnA_McTag Member Posts: 4
edited February 2019 in Introductions

For about a year now, I've been looking into buying a trailer. My whole life I've been a tent camper. 5 Years ago I upgraded to a roof top tent. I've really enjoyed that experience and customizing my vehicles to fit the need to overland, but it was time to make a change. I still wanted something small so I can get into places that others can't, so I started looking into smaller trailers. My wife and I fell in love with the Tag's. So Feb 2nd we went and bought a Boondock Tag XL. I originally wanted to get the Edge version, I was prepared to get one, but they didn't have any in the color choices we wanted. So I got the Lite version. Which I'm happy about. The dealer threw in the rack and awning (those get installed next week), so I am short the exterior LED lights. I was already planning on removing the microwave from the Edge, but the Lite didn't come with one (less work for me). If I really need to add exterior LED lights, I am more than capable to do so myself. So in the long run, I saved some money!

We bought the trailer from Toms Camperland in Mesa. We brought some gear down with us and picked up some food and other supplies and hit the road. Drove up through the Superstitious Mountains down to the Salt River and stayed the night at Apache Lake Campground. Drove home to Winslow on Sunday to watch the Superbowl. Monday I started do some customizing on the trailer. I pulled out the A/C. That was one other thing that we don't need. I built a box to slide into the hole and also built some shelves to put under the cabinets. Now that I'm not using the A/C, I'm thinking of disconnecting the 3 small fans that are used to exhaust the A/C, and hook up some LED strip lights under the cabinets that will be controlled by the A/C switch. Something else I thought of with the 3 small fans, if i keep them hooked up, they still will pull air from inside the trailer, through the 2 round vents on the side of the A/C cabinet. So if its raining and i cant use the roof fan, I can use the 3 fans to try and circulate air... thats still under debate. Anyways, I just wanted to get on here and say hello to all you fellow NuCamp-ers and I look forward to having an interchange of ideas with y'all! Heres some pics:

Comments