Does anyone use one? Or maybe a bi-fuel generator?
1. Gas is arguably more volatile as compared to propane, but gas produces better results as to watts.
2. I think I would rather have a propane tank on my trailer than a gas can (filled or unfilled).
3. It seems a 20lb propane tank will run a 2000 watt generator for about 12 hours. The propane tank weighs about 32lbs. A five-gallon gas tank weighs about the same and would run about the same time (maybe), but I would have to fill it up and that would occur at night and in the dark (Murphy's Law). AKA less messy.
4. It seems that small engines hate alcohol (which is in our modern fuel, but for the no-alcohol stuff that is STUPID expensive. So arguably it would run better.
5. The size of both is about the same. (See DuroMax XP2000EH $539.00 v. Honda 2000 Watt)
6. I think I can get a "Y" and use the same tank for the stove and the generator in the TAG XL.
7. Cannot use propane to fill the car.
8. Can get propane and gas just about anywhere.
9. Maybe some high altitude problems with propane?
Any help, advice, ideas or concerns would be helpful. Thank you.