Options

Hello and two newbie questions

gfraszgfrasz Member Posts: 3

Hello, my name is Geoffrey and I have just purchased a used 2015 T@G. Two questions: One, I have downloaded the 2017 owners manual posted in the discussion site. Is there any significant differences in this manual that would apply to my 2015 T&G? Or is there a site to download a 2015 manual? Two, should there be some sort of battery cut off or other device that allow me to charge the camper battery while driving? As I examine the wiring I see that the battery is only hooked up to the camper. While I can charge the battery from the exterior plug, I would think there would be something that would allow for battery charging while driving. Am I off base?

Comments

• Options
    tagurittagurit Member Posts: 179

You will need a 7 pin RV connector on your tow vehicle wired like this, the T@G connector came stock like this on our 2017 (without brakes, which I added), I believe yours should be the same.

• Options
    NfallonNfallon Member Posts: 17

We purchased a new T@G 2019 Boondock Edge in November and I am in the process of trying to figure out lots of things. We added the trailer brakes to the TV at a local shop. Now I am not sure if I have power running from the above 7way wiring to the trailer to charge the battery. I purchased a circuit tester and with the TV running checked to see if the connectors lit up. Should the connector for the 12V light up when the TV is running with my tester?

We had a horrible purchase walk through at General RV in North Canton and have had to dig and find out so many things on our own. Just now figured that the hitch they sold us is not right (should be at 22 1/2 inches not at the 21") This has been quite frustrating I would not go to General RV!

2019 T@G Boondock Edge
    H@lfpint
    2013 BMW X3
    2021 Tahoe Premier

• Options

The easiest way is to check the votage across one of the T@G's 12v circuits with the TV connected and the battery switch on, first with the TV off and then with it running, should jump up to around 14v if you are getting alternator output to the trailer.

• Options
    NfallonNfallon Member Posts: 17

Where would I see that it has jumped to 14V.

2019 T@G Boondock Edge
    H@lfpint
    2013 BMW X3
    2021 Tahoe Premier

• Options

at any 12v circuit. We have a meter that plugs into one of the cigarette lighter type outlets, if you have a standard DC voltmeter, I guess the easiest place would be across the battery terminals. Depending on your alternator output and state of charge of your battery, it might not make 14v but you should see a jump in voltage.