Options

T@G mattress board support

Our T@G is a 2016. We quickly installed three hinges on the boards beneath the mattresses thanks to a tip from this forum. I’m 6’5” and about 215lbs. The board under my side would flex enough to pull it off the perimeter support and collapse. Here’s my fix. Made one for both sides although my wife is only 5’2” 100lbs. It’s also given a side benefit of a separate compartment for storage.

Fort Myers FL.
2015 T@G Max

Comments

• Options
    LuckyJLuckyJ Member Posts: 1,240

Hum. You will see that the hinges are definetly nice to have. But I am surprised to see that you did not have perpendicular board and even a central board on both side of the matress support. Our 2017 5' wide hase them on both side. i am 5,10 and 280lbs and never had problems like that before. That was even before the hinges.

Nicely done!

• Options
    ontheroadontheroad Member Posts: 191

Looks great...we have the xl so there were more supports....but I did add some more wood to truly .divide the "basement"...the electric griddle no longer slides...it may bounce though😁

2021 T@B Boondock CS-S
    Former owner of 2017 T@G MAX XL
    2018 Nissan Pathfinder

• Options
    mgreen2mgreen2 Member Posts: 193

They must have changed the design because our 2017 has a center support the length in middle of each bed and two going across.

2017 T@G Max

• Options
    SueBHunnySueBHunny Member Posts: 133

@mgreen2 said:
    They must have changed the design because our 2017 has a center support the length in middle of each bed and two going across.

My 2015 is the same. This one must be an anomaly. Or perhaps you bought used? Sometimes single travelers remove those supports (and the lid) on one side and stack the mattresses on the other, making it more spacious inside.

BTW...I would totally do this if my husband were not part of the travel plan.

Sue
    State College, PA
    2015 T@G Max
    2012 Subaru Outback

• Options
    WilliWilli Member Posts: 22

Mine was bought new but only had the little white plastic post under each board. Worked for her but not me. You can see the plastic post in the picture.

Fort Myers FL.
    2015 T@G Max

• Options
    LuckyJLuckyJ Member Posts: 1,240

@Willi said:
    Mine was bought new but only had the little white plastic post under each board. Worked for her but not me. You can see the plastic post in the picture.

I did saw it. Was wndering what it was. Almost looked like it was a golf pratice tee on a small carpet or surface. Lol