Vestibule Teardrop

beakybeaky Member Posts: 283

when we were in Big Sur a couple from Santa Cruz pulled up with a brand new Vestibule. Its around $25k when loaded up with the features that come standard on a Boondock Edge but wow, very tasty wood infused interior and galley. https://www.curbed.com/2017/3/8/14847088/camper-trailer-for-sale-vistabule They were mightily impressed with the high tech look of our Boondock, bristling with solar panels and roof mounted gear.

Comments

• MisterbeeMisterbee Member Posts: 23

I love the Vistabule design, and have seen one in person. I might have even bought one, but there is no dealer network, and since each one is built to order, there is a six-month lead time from the factory.

• TomDTomD Member Posts: 358

Tom
    Aptos, California
    2015 LG Silver Shadow
    2012 Ford Edge Sport TV

• Fourman110Fourman110 Member Posts: 229

Looked pretty sweet but much like Camp-Inn, it was a lot of money and quite a bit more wait to get. Really nice trailers though.

“I'm T@G-ing Out"
    Jay

• Michigan_MikeMichigan_Mike Administrator Posts: 517

Interesting! I have seen a few of these this winter in my travels in CA & AZ and wondered who made them. Thanks for sharing!

Michigan Mike
    Linden, Mi
    2019 T@B 400

• SomemedicSomemedic Member Posts: 89

There's a fella by the name Cosmo w e a m s who travels in his and does videos on YouTube. He keeps you very well informed of what it can do and what it does very well and the things that he wants to improve on. If it wasn't for the lack of dealerships I think it would give nucamp a run for its money.

I would sell a kidney though for a camp in raindrop 560 Ultra

• beakybeaky Member Posts: 283

https://www.oregontrailer.net/terradrop-alpha.html these things are pretty cool too but way more bucks with comparable options

• LuckyJLuckyJ Member Posts: 1,240

@beaky said:
    https://www.oregontrailer.net/terradrop-alpha.html these things are pretty cool too but way more bucks with comparable options

I did see the smaller one last year on a vid, but first time I see the Alpha. I do like the construction quality of those trailer, but I do not like the layout and how they are organized.

For example, I do like the deflector /steps, but you have to get over them to get in and out of the trailer. So it can get hard and messy if they are wet (rainy night or morning) or just road dirt.

Not enough windows for my taste. The T@G even with the stargazer window is the minimum for me.

Water tank is under the trailer, but I would think that for an offroad built specific trailer, that at 35000$ they would have squid plate protection.

But I like the baltic birtch interior, the stell frame and stiff fender and the ground clearance.

So, for me, even if we have a T@G, the ideal or perfect trailer is not outhere yet. And don't get me wrong, even If I would be able to built it my self, It would more than likely take me a few tries to get it wright.

But these are not for me. But surely for somebody else. :)

• LuckyJLuckyJ Member Posts: 1,240

The Vestibule, took me a while to see the first video of them. I am impress, but to low from the ground (more like a street type of TD) and no real possibility of installung larger tires because of door clearance.

Also some like and dislike. And as much as I like the stargazer window in our T@G, not sure about that one. Don't think it can open, surely as some kind of shade, but I have not seen it. And even if we did not used our Television that much, I still like having it for rainy movie nights. But so far, only used it 3 times in 2 years. But we did used the AC on many occasion. Even use it at the cabin when it is to hot outside so my dog and me can cool off a bit. No AC at the cabin and no lake or river. Lol

But again, they are nice and looks like they are very well built, even better than a T@G.