Options

Weighed my trailer and....

WilliamAWilliamA Member Posts: 1,311

Now that I'm finished with my major 2-year maintenance regimen, I decided to take it and have it weighed. I went to the local CAT scale at one of our nearby truckstops. Here are the weight tickets.

The first ticket is the total weight of both my Jeep and trailer.

The second is of my Jeep only without the trailer.

I was surprised on both accounts. I thought the trailer would be a bit lighter and the Jeep a bit heavier. I had the Jeep pegged at about 5,000 or more and the trailer at 1500. Turns out I had the total weight about right, but reversed.

According to my calculations, the tongue weight is 220 lbs. Now that's with a full load of water in the tank and a full fridge. That was also before I moved my spare back up front and put in the heavier (by 8 lbs) battery. According to the scale, my total combination weight is 6600. Now subtract my Jeep weight at 4840. That puts the total weight of the trailer at 1760. My trailer is packed and full minus what would go in the fridge, my clothes and a tank of water. All of that together might add 100 lbs, 80 for water and 10 for clothes and a few freezies. As I said, everything else is already in there including dry goods, bedding, chairs generator and fuel, full propane tank and all the stuff I commonly take with.
Thought you might be interested...

WilliamA

"When I am in charge, Starburst brand fruit chews will get their own food group....and where are all the freakin laser beams? There should be more laser beams..."

2021 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk
2017 T@G XL
Boyceville, Wi.

Comments