Options

newbie - fantastic fan, outside shower hose, tv hook up.

I'm new to this. Just bought my T@G less than a year ago. I absolutely love it. The one issue I have is that the manual isn't very helpful for many things and the dealer I bought from didn't seem to know too much about this particular camper. Okay, I changed the glass 4w fuse and it's still not working. what else can I do? While I'm at it, I still can't figure out how to hook up that outdoor shower hose. It swirly blue hose just doesn't seem to fit into the camper?? Also, trying to hook my computer or phone up to my tv so i can play shows that are stored on my devices is challenging. I configure it one way and i get sound with no picture. another way I get picture with no sound. Help!

Comments

• Options
    SueBHunnySueBHunny Member Posts: 133

The fantastic fan sometime gets stuck. Try opening and closing it a few times without being particularly gentle. This should shake loose the stuck plunger and then it will work. I've been through this too.

Sorry that I can't help with the other two issues. I don't have an outside shower and I've never turned on my television.

Sue
    State College, PA
    2015 T@G Max
    2012 Subaru Outback

• Options
    LuckyJLuckyJ Member Posts: 1,240
    edited April 2019

@SueBHunny said:
    The fantastic fan sometime gets stuck. Try opening and closing it a few times without being particularly gentle. This should shake loose the stuck plunger and then it will work. I've been through this too.

Sorry that I can't help with the other two issues. I don't have an outside shower and I've never turned on my television.

About the fan, that plunger switch mentionned here, in order to work, the cover need to be open far enough for the switch to let current pass.

And you have the on/off switch with the 4 speed from 0 to 4 and also the in an out switch that is off in the center position.

The shower hose, for storage need to be unhooked from the steel pipe. To be hooked on the pipe, you need to remove the pressure from the system, make it way way easier. To do that, if on shore water, close the vavle at the post and open the sink faucet. Once this is done, it will connect easily. If on water thank with pump on, turn off the pump, release pressure from the system by turning on the sink faucet and connect the hose. Turn water or water pump on after.

Here is a small video. It is for air hose, but same type of fittings.
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=UOH_8F7cDgU

As for the jensen sound system, it is not ment to transmit video from a phone of I-pode to the TV. Not that I know off. What most of us do is either use an apple tv type of device, or an Smart phone-to TV adapter cable. And sync tye sound to the jensen with the bluetooth signal so it can play on the speaker. Other will more than likely have more info on this.

• Options
    beakybeaky Member Posts: 283

hose has a sliding connector that goes on and off easily with pump off, hose then stores in the receptacle

• Options
    Fourman110Fourman110 Member Posts: 229

If you're camper is like mine, I had a difficult time attaching the hose the first time or two. Like other's mentioned, it attaches just like an air hose. You need to pull the collar of the hose side connector back a little bit, push it on and release. First couple of times I had to push fairly hard.

Good luck.

“I'm T@G-ing Out"
    Jay