Options

Show me your galley.

Looking for some "inspiration" to make some changes to our galley to make it a little more convenient to use.
Specifically looking for ideas on a backsplash as well as the storage on the backsplash. The current stock setup with the shelf and hanging thing just isnt working quite right for us.

Bill

2017 T@G Max XL, New Jersey.
You can drive along 10,000 miles, and still stay where you are.

Comments

• Options
    LuckyJLuckyJ Member Posts: 1,240
    edited April 2019

This is what I did for under sink and galley.

Wanted a paper roll holder, but did not wanted it over the stove, wonder why. :)

Also added some horizontal door handle to be able to hang dish rags.

Under sink, what is not easy t see, is that just in front of the left side panel that is hiding the plumbing, there is enough space to store colapsibale pots, cutting board and other flat item. About 3-4 inch of storage. And behing the panel, with the plumbing, I can store other light stuff, like extra rags, empty bags and any other dry and light food if I want to.

And ai made some rolls and other bags for silver ware and other kitchen "tools". I am still looking for those perfect square fit satl and peper dispensers that would be snug just enought in the spice racks. ;)

These pics are from a year and a half ago. Not much as change.

• Options

I used to carry what I call dry food (all the food that not not need to be in a fridge) in crates or plastic bins, but did not like that option for the T@G and galley. So I made a soft side carry bag, that we leave on the counter while traveling w/o fear of it hurting the walls, and the rubber like material is kind of grabbing and not sliding around to much. And we can also dro p it on the ground w/o it getting wet. And if something spill imside, easy to clean out.

And other pic is the infamous windsheild for the burner. ;)

• Options
    rfuss928rfuss928 Member Posts: 43

I know the T@B galley is bigger but maybe there are some useful ideas somewhere in these pictures.

• Options
    BBsGarageBBsGarage Member Posts: 396

@rfuss928 When I first looked without reading I was like whoa! Then I read it was a T@B. Thanx!

Bill

2017 T@G Max XL, New Jersey.
    You can drive along 10,000 miles, and still stay where you are.

• Options
    HavenwoodHavenwood Member Posts: 11
    • Our first mod was to glue 8" x 8" sheet metal squares to the backsplash so we could stick anything magnetic (including shelves) to it. Almost 4 years later it's still working well for us. We like the versatility of it.
    • Next installed shelves and silverware drawer in cabinet under sink (no pic).
    • Sewed pockets that go over both cabinet doors for additional storage on both sides of each door.
    • Built counter extension with storage for dish washing basin.

• Options
    WilliamAWilliamA Member Posts: 1,311

A couple photos of my drawer inserts. Love em.....

WilliamA

"When I am in charge, Starburst brand fruit chews will get their own food group....and where are all the freakin laser beams? There should be more laser beams..."

2021 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk
    2017 T@G XL
    Boyceville, Wi.

• Options
    SomemedicSomemedic Member Posts: 89

I would love to modify my T@g to accept the burner/sink set up in this Luna. I'm guessing the microwave would have to go tho

• Options

Every time I go down to Madison, Wi for a visit with my son, I do a bit of shopping and stop in at Jerry's Campers. The main reason is that dog-gone Luna trailer. Sheesh....The carnage I could do with that one. If I ever finish my T@G, I'll immediately pitch it and get something else. When I do, the Luna is like #1 or #2 on the list.....

WilliamA

"When I am in charge, Starburst brand fruit chews will get their own food group....and where are all the freakin laser beams? There should be more laser beams..."

2017 T@G XL
    Boyceville, Wi.

• Options
    SueBHunnySueBHunny Member Posts: 133

@WilliamA said:
    Every time I go down to Madison, Wi for a visit with my son, I do a bit of shopping and stop in at Jerry's Campers. The main reason is that dog-gone Luna trailer. Sheesh....The carnage I could do with that one. If I ever finish my T@G, I'll immediately pitch it and get something else. When I do, the Luna is like #1 or #2 on the list.....

WilliamA

The way you are always working on your T@G, I'm quite sure you will never actually be finished.

Sue
    State College, PA
    2015 T@G Max
    2012 Subaru Outback

• Options

@SueBHunny said:

The way you are always working on your T@G, I'm quite sure you will never actually be finished.

Oh I hope not..... =)

WilliamA

2017 T@G XL
    Boyceville, Wi.

• Options

@WilliamA said:

WilliamA

Interesting, but not my cup of tea. Many other TD out there, but for me they are always a compromise in the making. Size, weight, space, hight.

Even if. Would like the T@G ro be a lityle more on the offroad side, and would love a beter structural strengh with possible stronger wall for more roof load for a roof rack, i just love the size of our T@G 5 wide. To me a good co promise of size vs weight ans space. I would like it to be smaller, but inside space wouod be compromised. And I never use more than two burner at a time at home. Why would I have one while camping. But this is me. ;).

Oh, and funy how they promote the rear receiver for bike carriers. But not to lunch a debate on this. ;)