Options

Just bought my first RV, a tag Boondock lite

SueJ1959SueJ1959 Member Posts: 9

The more I read the more I realize I don't know much, not as "plug and play" as I had hoped. I don't pick up my trailer for a couple of weeks because I need to get the hitch stuff sorted out, and since I bought it a 5 hour drive from home, I can't just zip over to the dealer after work and drive home. I used to camp a lot as a child, but in tents. Hubbie and I will be doing yet another cross-country road trip starting in June and the hope is to not stay in hotels more than an occasional day here or there.

I guess my main questions are surrounding what I should get before we leave to make the trip better.

Comments

• Options
    LuckyJLuckyJ Member Posts: 1,240

Hello. Well, 5 hours is is not that close to purchase a trailer, but put it in perspective, it is only a small portion of a cross country trip.

And if what you ask is what you need for the pick-up and bring it back home trip, I would say you do not need much.

All depend is you plan on doing it in one day.

But yes, you could just leave after work for one leg of the rrip and be there urly in the morning. And drive back the following day. Of simply do it in a single day. All depend of how long you can drive on a cup of joe.

Do not know what is you TV (towing vehicule), but a T@G is easy to tow and it should not put up a fight. And I assume your drive will not be 5 hours of dirt road, but mostly higway.

So, I would say maybe a sleeping bag, make sure that the TV have mirrors that are wide enough. Compare spec of you TV ( tape mesure the width of the body ) vs T@G. You purchase, and just drive home.

You will set-it up for camping ounce you get home.

Some yhings you could look up at your dealer, (but they do not always have the best price) wheel chuck (4), water pressure regulator, 30 amd to 20 amp power cord adapter, food grade water hose.

In the tour, ask them how to drop the spare tire. Make sure the really explaine how the hitch ball coupler work.

Other will have suggestion. But the drive back home is not a big deal. It is more a big smill in you face kind of thing.

Have fun outhere.

• Options
    SueJ1959SueJ1959 Member Posts: 9

Thanks! Our plan is to drive out after work on A Friday, spend the night in a hotel, pick up early Saturday morning and drive home. I am thinking about getting mirrors. My TV is a Mazda CX-5 that I love. Part of the reason for a t@g was that I want to enjoy what I am driving when I am not towing. :-)

• Options
    BBsGarageBBsGarage Member Posts: 396

Just be sure to get a 2" ball and a 7pin electrical connector.

Bill

2017 T@G Max XL, New Jersey.
    You can drive along 10,000 miles, and still stay where you are.

• Options
    TomDTomD Member Posts: 358

SueJ1959...you will not need mirrors. The recommendations of BBsGarage are spot on.

Tom
    Aptos, California
    2015 LG Silver Shadow
    2012 Ford Edge Sport TV