Options

T@G 5 wide suspension

I dropped the trailer off today to have the suspension changed to Timbren axel-less. Looking for improvement driving down dirt roads as the trailer bounces a lot with the stock set up. Once I get it back, I will post my impressions and some detail.

2019 5' wide Boondock Edge w/ factory solar

Comments

• Options
    WilliamAWilliamA Member Posts: 1,311

Can't wait to read the results! I'll be looking forward to it. Please post a bit of detail or a link to the specific kit you are having installed. Some of us are drooling....

WilliamA

"When I am in charge, Starburst brand fruit chews will get their own food group....and where are all the freakin laser beams? There should be more laser beams..."

2021 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk
    2017 T@G XL
    Boyceville, Wi.

• Options
    LuckyJLuckyJ Member Posts: 1,240

I will be watching this.

I should began working on my air bag set-up this week. I will have a lot of think to do. Cause I want it to be reversible if need be. At least at first. But the old axle will be use on a small flat bed utility trailer. With a 2200 lbs axle and brakes, it will be perfect for my area.

But yes, please post pics, and curious if you will have a higher stance with the timbren.

:)

• Options

Btw, did you think about a longer modified tongue, instead of a longer hitch bar. It sure create a lot of extra stress on you LJ bumper and frame ends.

Just a tought.

• Options
    TonopahTonopah Member Posts: 33

"Btw, did you think about a longer modified tongue, instead of a longer hitch bar." Good point. I did look into a longer tongue with a max coupler hitch but that totaled over $900 so I just went with the hitch extension.

2019 5' wide Boondock Edge w/ factory solar

• Options
    CampHubCampHub Member Posts: 113

@Tonopah How did your Timbren change work out?

All the calculations show it can’t work. There’s only one thing to do: make it work.

• Options

@Tonopah so, curious about your impression and how it was done on thst timbren axel less suspension. 😉