Options

Maxxfan roofvent replacement

2»

Comments

• Options
    jonrickardjonrickard Member Posts: 7

Thanks for your walkthrough, finding this led me to purchase and install a Maxxfan but I need a little guidance (or maybe confirmation of what I have already measured, I'm not sure). I need to trim the trim ring, and the instructions seem to indicate I need to measure how from the bottom surface of the fan shroud to the bottom surface of the ceiling, but as appears to be the case with your install, the bottom surface of the fan shroud is basically level with the bottom surface of the ceiling, so my question, do you recall what measurement you used what you cut the trim ring?

• Options
    jonrickardjonrickard Member Posts: 7

Never-mind, I used the same method as willbingham1 to measure and confirm my first approach. For other who have an interest, the depth of the trim piece as measure from the top of the horizontal surface (as it would be when installed) was cut at 1 5/8"

• Options
    Bob297Bob297 Member Posts: 148
    edited September 2021

Finally Installed maxxfan deluxe 7500K today after putting it off over a year. Easy job. Many thanks to @WilliamA who gave excellent install directions. Need to install inside ring yet. Love this fan, extremely quiet @ low speeds. Remote is nice too. Far superior to the fantastic fan. Here’s the after pics:

Got around to installing inside ring today 9/3/2021

• Options
    scotthulbsscotthulbs Member Posts: 11

I was checking this fan out today and came across a video on the company website showing a version with lights built in. I searched around and can't seem to find that version. Does anyone know if that version is available or if it was discontinued for some reason or am I missing something?

William thanks for the info, after seeing your post I feel far more confident about swapping the Maxx fan in.

• Options
    DCN082162DCN082162 Member Posts: 26

About your remote, have you tried replacing the batteries with new?

• Options
    casspyattcasspyatt Member Posts: 1

Loved all the comments and the pictures and tutorial by WilliamA! I used a heat gun to soften and get old caulk off and it worked like a dream with a plastic putty knife. The hole cut by the factory on my 2021 Nucamp Tag XL for the stock "fantastic" fan looked like a blind 3rd grader that hurried the job because he had to potty. Getting it centered was a bit of a trick as there wasn't a straight edge to be referenced. I was able to measure from frame tubes so it worked out fine. I used angle grinder to cut the trim ring. It was a bit overkill for the job but worked really quick. It did melt the plastic a little so that it left burrs on the cut edges but that was easy to shave off with a razor knife. The rest was a breeze. Thanks again.!

• Options
    danpdanp Member Posts: 44

Installed the non-remote model, way better than factory. Last thing I need is another remote to keep up with.