Options

A Ghost in the machine

WilliamAWilliamA Member Posts: 1,311
edited June 2019 in Modifications & Upgrades

For reasons both physical and psychiatric, it's nearly impossible for me to string my sleep-hours out to more than a few at a time. Call me: Kolchak. I was prowling about outside last night and just enjoying the night-sounds in the yard. My trailer was sitting there softly glowing in the gloom, the interior emitting a green glow from the "auto-on" led in the Maxxfan that also projected an effigy of my vinyl photo of Chuck, the horse on the front window. The porch lights also occasionally stay on at the barely-perceptible' illumination level that's only apparent in the peripheral rod-receptors of my night vision eyes. For some reason, that only happens when I have it plugged into shore power. The led in my 12 gauge power cord plugged into the trailer (I don't use a surge protector for the same reasons I don't have one on the house, which arguably and ironically, needs it much more) was giving off its soft, orange glow in the dark. The whole effect was a bit weird and comforting in its very-oddness. The surrounding scene was punctuated by the cloud of fireflies as if by orchestration. I was happy and delighted.

In the spirit of Hunter S. Thompson:

"It can't get weird enough for me"

WilliamA

"When I am in charge, Starburst brand fruit chews will get their own food group....and where are all the freakin laser beams? There should be more laser beams..."

2021 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk
2017 T@G XL
Boyceville, Wi.

Comments

• Options
    LuckyJLuckyJ Member Posts: 1,240

Setting outside like that around here in these days, bring certainty that we will be eaten alive. So for now, better to be inside and look thru the window at the moon rising.

Even my late evening peacfull dip in my wood / wood fire hot tub is now happening in the early morning. And ai do every thing I can not to touch the lawn where they are still asleep! :)

• Options
    SomemedicSomemedic Member Posts: 89

I thought we were going to queue the cello music and play The Night Stalker intro

• Options
    WilliamAWilliamA Member Posts: 1,311

I love the cello...

WilliamA

"When I am in charge, Starburst brand fruit chews will get their own food group....and where are all the freakin laser beams? There should be more laser beams..."

2021 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk
    2017 T@G XL
    Boyceville, Wi.