Norcold drawer slide sticking

mgreen2mgreen2 Member Posts: 193

After two years the slide on one side of my Norcold sticks and doesn’t want to close. It isn’t releasing to allow it to slide into the base like the other side. I can play with it and get it back in. Anyone have a similar problem and a solution? I don’t see anyway to adjust it. Not sure about using lubricant on it.

2017 T@G Max

Comments

• LuckyJLuckyJ Member Posts: 1,240

If you have an air compressor, I would begin by blowing air whitin the mecanism.

Then if it works, go with light lubrican, but no wd-40, witch is not a long lasting lub.

You could also take them off the TD to have a better look.

With all this said, I do assume that you use them the right way, to lock them open or close.

• JeeptagJeeptag Member Posts: 28

First off check and make sure the power cord is not binding up on the slide. I had an issue where the cord was out to far and the slide was catching on the cord and actually cut through the plastic insulation. Also I have found issues with the sides if the trailer is not leveled correctly the releases do not catch the way they are designed.

• LuckyJLuckyJ Member Posts: 1,240

@Jeeptag is right about the power cord possibly catching on one side. As for leveling, in my case, never had the problem, but that is not to say that it can not happen. So, yep, look into that as well.

I thing I remember, is that sometime, it is like it they get out of sink. Almost have to reset them. But that was kind of trial and error for me.

• mgreen2mgreen2 Member Posts: 193

It was the slide sticking on one side. I took the Norcold out, used some fine steel wool on the metal parts, cleaned and then
    lubed it with spray on dry Teflon lubricant. It’s working like new now. There were several spots that were rough from corrosion, 2 years of use so hopefully it will do another 2 now.

2017 T@G Max

• csonnicsonni Member Posts: 353

Kind of disconcerting to think that you can't move on to your next destination if the tray is stuck and cannot be pushed in. Not sure what we'd do if that were the case. Definitely can't travel with the galley hatch open. Right now, we can't slide our tray all the way out on our band new T@G. With warmer weather eventually coming, we'll have to examine more closely what's going on in there. Potentially a screw that backed out and is getting in the way? I'd rather have the tray stuck closed rather then open.

• JamesDowJamesDow Member Posts: 632

This is what I found when my slider got stuck following driving on rough roads. Loose screw. Hard to see but not hard to fix while at the campsite.

https://teardrop-trailers.vanillacommunity.com/discussion/comment/9973#Comment_9973