Options

Camp Inn Blemished Tables

SomemedicSomemedic Member Posts: 89
edited July 2019 in Modifications & Upgrades

I like my tag but at some point in the future I would like to get the ultra raindrop 560 made by Camp Inn. If you haven't seen one Google it. It looks like a mini Airstream.

So seeing the need for more counter space to prepare some chow , clean fish, butcher an elk I noticed that the Raindrop 560 had these nice tables that folded up but were made well and added the work space I would need.. I spoke with them and was able to.pick up a couple of their tables and attach them to the Wagon. The one will attach to the fender under the awning to be used as a breakfast/dinner table. The other attaches to the galley by the sink

Comments

• Options
    HellFishHellFish Member Posts: 140

"was able to.pick up a couple of their tables" What does that mean? You ordered them? What price? Pick them up at the factory? Shipped to you? What did that cost. Seconds? Are they heavy? Of course, you don't have to share any of this information, but frequently folks see things here and would like to replicate what they see.

2014 T@G

• Options
    SomemedicSomemedic Member Posts: 89

I made a phone call and had them shipped to me. They're not heavy, maybe 10 or so pounds and are excellent build quality. The hardware is stainless and the tables store nearly flat in the galley.

The price was $150osh with shipping.

• Options
    BlankPage207BlankPage207 Member Posts: 1

I like the look and simplicity of the table tops and the extra surface they provide. I noticed in one of your galley photos there is what appears to be a "wind shield" around your gas stove burners. Did you make this or did it come with your camper. Looks like it would help block the wind and provide stability to larger pans or when using two pans at the same time.

• Options
    mgreen2mgreen2 Member Posts: 193

@BlankPage207 said:
    I like the look and simplicity of the table tops and the extra surface they provide. I noticed in one of your galley photos there is what appears to be a "wind shield" around your gas stove burners. Did you make this or did it come with your camper. Looks like it would help block the wind and provide stability to larger pans or when using two pans at the same time.

If you search for wind screen on this page you will find instructions for making it. I’ve found it doesn’t work well with a large pan or griddle covering both burners because the flames shoot out the sides. it closes up too much.

2017 T@G Max

• Options
    LuckyJLuckyJ Member Posts: 1,240

@mgreen2 said:

@BlankPage207 said:

If you search for wind screen on this page you will find instructions for making it. I’ve found it doesn’t work well with a large pan or griddle covering both burners because the flames shoot out the sides. it closes up too much.

Using narower stock would probably help and still provide wind protection.

• Options
    rfuss928rfuss928 Member Posts: 43

@LuckyJ said:

Using narower stock would probably help and still provide wind protection.

This has been very effective. Tested and proven for a couple seasons.