Options

Galley Lock Key Code / Type

tacetmantacetman Member Posts: 16

Hello all,

My wife and I purchased our first RV/trailer this weekend and are so excited for our adventures and happy to be a part of this community. We THOROUGHLY inspected the trailer before buying it (it was purchased from a 'big-box' dealer that is NOT a specialized nucamp dealer), down to just about everything besides actually removing the wheel hubs. Found two problems:

1) The cord that moves the shade in the front move up and down ("sunroof") gets caught. Pretty sure I can fix that myself with an allen wrench and a bit of elbow grease before the dealer will.
2) The legs for the Yakima awning no longer tighten/lock into place. The dealer gave me a written guarantee they'll fix them (although I have a feeling they will try to order JUST the legs which I kind of think they will have a hard time finding).

Just before driving it off the lot I went to lock the galley and realized there was one thing I forgot to inspect...the galley keys. The key set we were given has three keys on it: a 711 (which operates one side's deadbolt and door), a 714 (which operates the opposite deadbolt and door), and what I think is a CH751, which opens the utility hatch on the port side. It SEEMS like the CH751 should lock/unlock the galley door handles too, but I couldn't get them to lock. It was about 5 minutes before quittin' time at the dealer...they promised me they'd fix that too, but I'm doubtful they'll do so in a timely manner. I figured I could get some better and more useful information here. My thoughts are as follows:
A) Maybe I can get a replacement key if I knew the lock type? A master key or something?
B) Maybe I can replace the lock core without doing TOO much additional work (I am pretty handy, but don't have the tools to cut aluminum to do something like WilliamA posted in another thread here.)

Any advice and help is much appreciated!

Comments