Options

WiFi

sgreco29sgreco29 Member Posts: 3

I'm wondering what options are out there, if any, to boost WiFI when camping in places where the signal is not strong. Does anyone have experience with WiFi extenders?

Comments

• Options
    Scotty49Scotty49 Member Posts: 23

We use a weBoost 4G-X with a magnetic outside antenna on the top of the trailer and an an inside “candy bar” antenna. We use our iPhone as a hotspot and it ~ doubles the strength of our signal. It provides WiFi for all of our devices. To enable use of the magnetic antenna, I cut a piece of 12 X 12 in steel sheet metal (16-gauge) to 6 X 6, painted it white so it wouldn’t rust and attached it to the roof above the door with 5200 marine adhesive. We run the antenna cord out of the trailer door when it’s in use. It runs on 12 V or 110.
    There are many ways to boost a cell signal, including apps to locate cell towers and direction finders, etc. This device is a simple solution that requires only minimal modifications.

• Options
    rfuss928rfuss928 Member Posts: 43
    edited July 2019

I have been using a BearExtender for several seasons. They are available for PC and Mac OS. There are several versions available. This is the new version of what I have. We are very satisfied the performance.
    https://www.bearifi.com/collections/all-current-products/products/bearextender-v3-pc-usb-wifi-booster-new-for-2015