Options

King, Queen, or Full Bed?

I am getting misinformation, from vendors, on the actual size of the bed. Some say the "6 foot wide model" has a king bed, others a queen bed. ???

Comments

• Options
    ChaverimChaverim Member Posts: 90

5’ T@G is a slightly small queen. It’s a few inches shorter and narrower but still wider than a full.

Mike
    Chaverim Basenjis
    -—-—-—-—-—-—-—-—-—-—-—-—-—-—-—-—-—-—-—
    2018 T@G Sofitel
    2016 Audi A3 e-tron

• Options
    BigWaveDaveBigWaveDave Member Posts: 31

Thanks for the clarification, Chaverim.

• Options
    JayJay Member Posts: 71

The 6 wide is about 6" smaller in width than a king bed, 1 foot wider than the 5 as the numbers indicate.

• Options
    LuckyJLuckyJ Member Posts: 1,240

Just to get you more confusing information, bed width per name, double, queen, king, will change from where you are.

A queen is not the same as to witch country you are in.

A 5 wide is 60", remove about 2 in per side for wall thickness, you get about 56" of bed. A 6 wide will be 72" wide body, pull the same 2" per side, and you get about 68" of bed inside.

Take a tape messure and mesure your house beds and compare.

Bed names for width can be confusing, actual width of said bed is way more precise.

• Options

Lucky, I just measured my 6 wide and inside dimension is 69.75" door frame to door frame, wall to wall is 70".

• Options

@Jay said:
    Lucky, I just measured my 6 wide and inside dimension is 69.75" door frame to door frame, wall to wall is 70".

Good info.

I was makings assumption base on overall dimension impression.

That tyen means the 5 wide should have internal dimension of 59.75"

Thank you @Jay :)

• Options
    ChaverimChaverim Member Posts: 90

I think it’s closer to 58”

Mike
    Chaverim Basenjis
    -—-—-—-—-—-—-—-—-—-—-—-—-—-—-—-—-—-—-—
    2018 T@G Sofitel
    2016 Audi A3 e-tron

• Options

@Chaverim said:
    I think it’s closer to 58”

Are you saying that they are not even respecting the advertise width of the trailer, the 6' and 5' does not mean anything then. Argh! ;)

• Options

I don't think that Nucamp ever specified that the 5 & 6 wide means the bed is that wide, in fact, if you look at the spec sheet on their web site, they clearly say 5 wide is 58" bed width and the 6 wide is 70" bed width.

• Options

@Jay said:
    I don't think that Nucamp ever specified that the 5 & 6 wide means the bed is that wide, in fact, if you look at the spec sheet on their web site, they clearly say 5 wide is 58" bed width and the 6 wide is 70" bed width.

Agree about the bed, but not for trailer size.

I would expect the TD cab of a 5' wide to be 60" and the one from a 6' to be 72". And from there came the bed mesurement I was calculating by assunption. But I now know that a 5 wide is not 60 in wide body. But an approximation. Cause the walls are thicker than 1".

But again, they also do not mentionne that the beds are queen or king size. They are simoly close to that mesurement.

For us, for the 5 wide, we use queen sheets, and we do not care much about the fact that theyr are not perfect fit.

We get in there to sleep and lay down. Not to have military inspection. :)

• Options
    HikinMikeHikinMike Member Posts: 400

I have a 5-Wide and use full sheets on mine. They fit really good.

2019 T@G Boondock Edge 5W
    2017 Toyota 4Runner TRD Pro
    2022 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon 4xe

• Options
    DaveBDaveB Member Posts: 101

You also have to remember that the TD mattress is nowhere near as thick as a proper mattress. For our XL (6 wide) we use twin fitted on the mattresses and queen flat sheets with a queen duvet. In theory two twins is a 'king' but with no overhang the queen stuff works fine for us. The width for the 5 wide and the 6 wide are very close to residential queen and king size, but are much shorter 8-10 inches I think?

Toronto, Ontario Canada
    2020 T@G Boondock Edge XL

• Options
    HikinMikeHikinMike Member Posts: 400

So true. The sheets are made for a deep mattress. I bought some Bed Sheet Holder Straps (Amazon) to help with that issue.

2019 T@G Boondock Edge 5W
    2017 Toyota 4Runner TRD Pro
    2022 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon 4xe