T@G winter storage

Looking at a used 2017 T@G XL. This will be my first teardrop, or RV of any sort, so i'm a newbie. Although one of the T@G's selling points is their small "garagable" size, my garage is full, and i'm wondering how they hold up to snow, ice, etc., winter after winter when left outside. Also, anything trouble prone areas i should be checking in a used unit. To my untrained eye, it appears to be in great shape.
Thanks,
Mike

Comments

• LuckyJLuckyJ Member Posts: 1,240

Look under the matress in the storage compatment if you see any water stain on the wood, look in the corners, same with head board, open and try to see if you have water stain. Try the shade and screens in all the 3 windows, look under for frame cracks and the protective floor tarp.

Chck all the lights, living quarters, and driving lights.

If possible, have them fill the water tank for leaks and operation of the pump. Test everyting that works from the trailer battery. Light, fan, water pump, TV and jensen.

After, plug in shore power and test ac.

Ah, and water leak in the side of the galley walls.

Grab the wheel at the top if possible, and jerk them front and back when you are kneeling in front of them, just to get an idea about wheel bearing.

Some will surely add some.

Good luck!

• Sharon_is_SAMSharon_is_SAM Administrator Posts: 622

@shenvalleymike, if you store it outdoors, best to keep a good quality cover on it that breathes to prevent mildew. Don’t let snow accumulate - excess roof weight over time can lead to gapping and leaks. Carefully check out the area where the sides and roof meet.

Sharon - Westlake, Ohio | 2017 TaB CSS - Forum Administrator

• KKriegKKrieg Member Posts: 20

I was thinking if I need to store my T@G outside this year, to build a pool noodle pyramid for under the cover to help guide the snow off of the roof since I keep my trailer a distance away from my residence. Does anyone else have a way to reduce snow buildup?

2018 T@G XL
    An exit in New Jersey

• shenvalleymikeshenvalleymike Member Posts: 2

Thanks, All good thoughts! Just realized that I could leave my pickup outside, and store the T@G in that spot. Plenty of pickups & cars "live" outside. Mine has just been spoiled (until now). :-)
    Mike

• JamesDowJamesDow Member Posts: 631

I have a simple cover. Don't worry too mich about snow living in San Diego. If all looks good and most things check out, it is likly a good deal.

• Sharon_is_SAMSharon_is_SAM Administrator Posts: 622

@KKrieg, the pool noodle pyramid is a great idea!

Sharon - Westlake, Ohio | 2017 TaB CSS - Forum Administrator

• LuckyJLuckyJ Member Posts: 1,240

Depending on what kind of lot you have, if big enough and wide open, leaving it in a area where it is very windy will help clear the snow for the roof and from inder it at well.

• KKriegKKrieg Member Posts: 20

I usually have wet, NJ snow. It is miserable, heavy stuff.

2018 T@G XL
    An exit in New Jersey