Options

Pump inlet line question

I’m giving it up this year and need to winterize. I plan on installing a bypass valve and tube to suck the antifreeze directly into the pump. While I’m handy and have done home plumbing before I’m not familiar with the hoses and clamps used in my 2018 Boondock (from the drain plug splitter to the filter).

Anybody know what type it is?

“I'm T@G-ing Out"
Jay

Comments

• Options
    JayJay Member Posts: 71

I am not sure if this is right as this is also my first winter with my T&G, but I was able to find a fitting that connected to the hose filler connection on the outside of the trailer, hooked up a small compressor opened up the tap, drain plug and hit it with air, turned on the pump for a few seconds, water exited all areas. After shutting the drain and tap again, I added the RV antifreeze, turned on the pump, open the tap and waited for the antifreeze to come out the tap, now the ant-freeze should be in the pump. It may not be right, maybe someone with more years of experience can help without having to disconnect everything, I'm sure they don't totally disconnect bigger trailers.

• Options
    LuckyJLuckyJ Member Posts: 1,240

I do not know what type they are, but simply remove them and replace them with standard plumbing stainless clamps.

But just for info, I live in the province of Quebec, and winter here is cold and frozen for up to 4 and a half months. I have never used antifreeze for winterizing. I flush the systems running the pump, including the outside hose, then stop the pump, unscrew all the treated fitting, each side of the pump and at the end to the outside hose (from the inside), and run the pump one more time to make sure that no water remains. You could also unscrew the water check valve near the pump. and mo more messing with antifreeze in the spring.

But you do what ever you want, it is your trailer. :)