Options

12v battery not charging

My 12v battery isn't charging anymore. When I am plugged into the house my meter reads fine and I can use everything.But when I disconnect my battery doesn't show anything. Not sure now if I made the dreadful mistake of letting it drain to zero. But Ill be taking it to work as I work in an auto dealership to check it to see if I can charge it there.
Shouldn't I be able to charge it from the house. ? And if I let it get too low is that the problem.?
Disappointed..

Comments

• Options
    willbingham1willbingham1 Member Posts: 63

To charge from the internal charger/inverter, one must turn ON the battery disconnect switch (red switch in tub up front). Or you can plug into zamp plug on side of front tub with a battery float charger and leave the battery disconnect switch in OFF position and not run internal charger/inverter (by plugging in trailer). This saves wear and tear on running internal charger/inverter. Otherwise, make sure to check your fuses in fuse panel if using internal charger/inverter. Bill

• Options
    bungalowdbungalowd Member Posts: 1

willbingham1, tell me please... in trying to charge my battery using the zamp plug on the side front tub... Never heard of that word zamp plug. Can you shoot me a picture? It's inside the tub where the battery lives? Different then just hooking my charger up to the battery terminals? Help. Thank you Daniel

• Options
    Sharon_is_SAMSharon_is_SAM Administrator Posts: 635

@bungalowd - willbingham has not logged on since November. Do you have a solar port on the outside of your tub that looks like this?

Sharon - Westlake, Ohio | 2017 TaB CSS - Forum Administrator