Options

Road Shower

I came across this in an overland off-roading article. It is a pressurized solar heated water tank that seems like it would be a nice accessory boondocking. Kind of pricey but possibly the seed for some DIY versions.

https://roadshower.com/woo/?doing_wp_cron=1575251119.1262710094451904296875

Comments

• Options
    beakybeaky Member Posts: 283

Nemo Helios just as good for $100

• Options
    HellFishHellFish Member Posts: 140

Priced out pvc, tubing, valves, etc for a diy roadshower...easy to do...question is, "would you use it enough to justify the expense and time to build and trouble to carry around." Read reviews on the Helios...wouldn't trust it to hold together.

2014 T@G

• Options
    HikinMikeHikinMike Member Posts: 400

I had looked at the Road Shower. Looks very nice. I've decided it would work better for me to buy a generator and use the hand held shower on the trailer. I would just fill the tank with some solar heated water or boil some on the cooktop.

If a pressure shower is not a necessity, Front Runner Offroad has some nifty options. ANd as you have noted there are several DIY options on You Tube.

2019 T@G Boondock Edge 5W
    2017 Toyota 4Runner TRD Pro
    2022 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon 4xe

• Options
    Michigan_MikeMichigan_Mike Member Posts: 517

I have looked at similar devices in the past... But for me it was easier to heat water up on a propane stove, mix it into a 5 gallon pail, use a portable battery operated pump with the USB plug for charging and use the pail later for storage. I also had a small teak wood platform that stored my shampoo and soap and used a Trekker privvy tent as my shower enclosure. The tent was also used as a privvy area with my porta-potti so was able to utilize it well when boondocking.

Michigan Mike
    Linden, Mi
    2019 T@B 400