Options

Power to the headboard area

GigHarborTomGigHarborTom Member Posts: 271
edited February 2020 in Tips & Tricks

I'll bet somewhere on this site, someone has run power to the headboard area.
Thinkin for a portable desk clamp on fan, CPAP, cell phone charging and laptop....
Trade that for the bloody TV and sound system any day.

Gig Harbor Tom
Trl '17 T@G Max
TV 2018 Mazda CX9 Signature

Comments

• Options
    Bob297Bob297 Member Posts: 148

It’s on my to do list. Have the outlet (1 12v and 2 usb 2.4 charging ports—no leds on unit) wires, and inline weatherproof fuse. Added 2” gel memory foam, put on blankets to see the approx location I need to put it on drivers side. I need it for cpap also. I disconnect my heating element from cpap so it uses very little battery. Because of this I keep a bottle of water in the holder there by the side, cause I will wake up with dry mouth and because of 2 dogs.

• Options
    WilliamAWilliamA Member Posts: 1,311
    edited February 2020

Tom,

I added a duplex box, switch and outlet with USB charging by my headboard area. Look up this thread:

"Electric opener for basement hatch(s?)"

It's in there. How to run the wire, where to hook it into the 110v power, etc.

WilliamA

"When I am in charge, Starburst brand fruit chews will get their own food group....and where are all the freakin laser beams? There should be more laser beams..."

2021 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk
    2017 T@G XL
    Boyceville, Wi.

• Options
    JamesDowJamesDow Member Posts: 632

Ok, I am confused. My 2018 T@G already has power at the headboard. Am I missing something in this conversation?

• Options
    edited February 2020

William A and James Dow
    I suspect the 2018 has an upgrade that we do not have on the 2017s.
    Wm I looked over your engineering marvel. I'd love to tackle it, but no longer have the shop space. We have downsized and had to give up my big shop and brides water view, dock for launching the Kayaks.
    I was thinking about the possibility of just running a fused 12V line from the battery circuits. That would handle the CPAP and chargers maybe. Works out on the TV lighter circuit. Maybe that is too simple. I'll admit my thinker ain't what it used to be.
    Do appreciate everyone's sharing, and passing on the engineering work.

Thank You
    TP

Gig Harbor Tom
    Trl '17 T@G Max

• Options

Bob297
    Sounds like what I might try. You might share where you tapped in. I took the water unit off my CPAP years ago. One small dog and one small bride.
    Thanks
    TP

Gig Harbor Tom
    Trl '17 T@G Max