Options

Fully loaded weight?

Anyone know the weight (tongue and overall) of their TAG loaded and ready to go camping? (Without a generator on the tongue)

Comments

• Options
    WilliamAWilliamA Member Posts: 1,311

My T@G XL weighs 1685 lbs ready to camp with water and propane. Take off 49 lbs for my genie and that's 1636 lbs. There are many things I don't carry such as tents and Hitachi's etc. I carry 2 folding chairs.
    WilliamA

"When I am in charge, Starburst brand fruit chews will get their own food group....and where are all the freakin laser beams? There should be more laser beams..."

2021 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk
    2017 T@G XL
    Boyceville, Wi.

• Options
    JamesDowJamesDow Member Posts: 632

My tongue weight with my 20lb propane filled is right at 150 lbs.

• Options
    AustinHealeyAustinHealey Member Posts: 66
    edited April 2020
  • Options
    WilliamAWilliamA Member Posts: 1,311
    edited April 2020

@AustinHealey said:
    Thanks - @WilliamA - what is a genie?

It's a Generac 2200. I picked it up new as a non-current model for $500 bucks. Runs great and is reliable. Not as quiet as a Honda or Yamaha, but it's light and more powerful than either of them. Weighs a couple pounds more than the Honda. Other than the great price, one of the things I most liked about it when I bought it was that is't a couple of inches narrower than any of the competitors. It's a bit taller, but I have room in that direction. As it is, I can squeeze it into the spot I have for it when a Honda wouldn't go. I've had it for 2 years and it's been great. If I ever get another gennie, it'll be a Generac.

Also wanted to add (forgot earlier) that my tongue weight with gennie and rotopax is just over 200 lbs. I've moved a LOT of things around since getting the trailer to get my tongue weight where I want it. I'm very happy with it as it is. Pulls fine and isn't too heavy.

WilliamA

"When I am in charge, Starburst brand fruit chews will get their own food group....and where are all the freakin laser beams? There should be more laser beams..."

2021 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk
    2017 T@G XL
    Boyceville, Wi.

• Options
    AustinHealeyAustinHealey Member Posts: 66

How are you determining your tongue weight?

• Options
    JamesDowJamesDow Member Posts: 632

My method .. load trailer, stand on scale, note weight, lift trailer front wheel just off ground, note weight, subtract my weight. Not recommended if you got a poor back.

• Options
    tagurittagurit Member Posts: 179

I place a short piece of 1 x 6 flat on a spring type bathroom scale and lower the coupler onto a 4 x 4 cut to length that is set on top of the 1 x 6 so that the tongue is level.

• Options
    Bob297Bob297 Member Posts: 148
    edited April 2020

I use one of these:

Sherline LM 1000 trailer tongue weight scale