Options

Winterizing

So this is my first winter with my 2016 T@G. I have only hooked up city water and never used the water tank. I live in DC and the T@G is stored in my garage. Trying to figure out how to winterize it with out adding Antifreeze to the water tank since it has never been used. Any suggestions??

Comments

• Options
    BBsGarageBBsGarage Member Posts: 396

Just make sure the lines are clear of any water and no need for any anti-freeze, specially if there is no water in the tank.

Bill

2017 T@G Max XL, New Jersey.
    You can drive along 10,000 miles, and still stay where you are.

• Options
    Texas_DaveTexas_Dave Member Posts: 17

Mandy Lee poured a bottle of vodka into her t@g's water tank when she got caught in a cold snap in the mountains once. I'm not sure what the water to vodka ratio was but at least it won't leave an oily residue in your tank.

• Options
    Michigan_MikeMichigan_Mike Member Posts: 517

@dsarthur said:
    So this is my first winter with my 2016 T@G. I have only hooked up city water and never used the water tank. I live in DC and the T@G is stored in my garage. Trying to figure out how to winterize it with out adding Antifreeze to the water tank since it has never been used. Any suggestions??

I would lower the tongue of the trailer and try to get as much water out of the freshwater tank as you can. A little bit of water certainly won't hurt anything since expansion really shouldn't be an issue. I would run the pump and make sure that any residual water inside the pump lines is removed. Unscrew the hoses from the pump and also unscrew the filter and empty any water from these areas. Once you do this you should be good to go.

Michigan Mike
    Linden, Mi
    2019 T@B 400

• Options
    WilliamAWilliamA Member Posts: 1,311

What Mike said,
    With the caveat that most pressure water pumps and filters last longer if they have liquid inside to prevent drying out the seals. Also, It's nearly impossible to get all the water out anyway. Over time, it will find its way to a low spot in the lines and cause some low temperature mischief. It's easier for my money just to splash in a little water and RV antifreeze, run the pump til you see it (the antifreeze) coming out and then forget it. If your rig is in the garage, you should be fine. Unless you live in Wi or Mn or Mi... Eh Mike?

"When I am in charge, Starburst brand fruit chews will get their own food group....and where are all the freakin laser beams? There should be more laser beams..."

2021 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk
    2017 T@G XL
    Boyceville, Wi.

• Options
    LuckyJLuckyJ Member Posts: 1,240

@Michigan_Mike said:

@dsarthur said:

I would lower the tongue of the trailer and try to get as much water out of the freshwater tank as you can. A little bit of water certainly won't hurt anything since expansion really shouldn't be an issue. I would run the pump and make sure that any residual water inside the pump lines is removed. Unscrew the hoses from the pump and also unscrew the filter and empty any water from these areas. Once you do this you should be good to go.

I am not sure if this has change from model year, but when I emptied my tank a few month back, i lifted the tongue as much as I could after putting a block under the right tire. This brought the water to the left rear corner of the tank near the pick-up line. The hiegher I would lift, the more water that would come out. After that, like said before, run the pomp dry, unplug all the line and it was a good thing, since water did drop out of the pump and other connector and valves.

But I really like the vodka idea, but boose is just so much expansive up here compare to you guy south of the norther border. ;)

• Options
    mgreen2mgreen2 Member Posts: 193
    edited December 2017

Found this Mandy video from last year.

https://youtu.be/1bwB2XIGFYg?t=5

There is also an article in this months Cool Tears magazine about it.

Cool Tears Article

2017 T@G Max