Options

Norcold ???

KMHKMH Member Posts: 3

Does the Norcold run with the battery switch off while towing. ? or should the switch be on all the time. Also when using Solar during the day Battery switch on or off to charge the battery ? thanks !

Comments

• Options
    Fourman110Fourman110 Member Posts: 229

For Norcold to run, the battery needs to be turned on (switch in the tub to green). For the battery to stay charged, you need either connection to your cars 7 pin connector with car running or trailer plugged in through electrical outlet or solar (need battery big enough in capacity and enough solar current to keep up) or a generator.

“I'm T@G-ing Out"
    Jay

• Options
    Fourman110Fourman110 Member Posts: 229

@Fourman110 said:
    For Norcold to run, the battery needs to be turned on (switch in the tub to green). For the battery to stay charged, you need either connection to your cars 7 pin connector with car running or trailer plugged in through electrical outlet or solar (need battery big enough in capacity and enough solar current to keep up) or a generator.

And.... through all of these scenarios, the switch to the Norcold must be on as well.

“I'm T@G-ing Out"
    Jay

• Options

I think last time I had the T@G hooked up to the TV ( running ) to check lights the battery switch was off and I had power to the Norcold ? so in that case the switch does not have to be on while towing ? ? ?

• Options
    Sharon_is_SAMSharon_is_SAM Administrator Posts: 635
    edited May 2020

The battery switch in the “off” position isolates the TaG from the battery and no power flows from the battery.. If you tow with the switch off, you are also not charging your battery. If you are hooked up to ac, you can run the frig with the battery switch off - but again, you won’t be charging the battery. Rule of thumb - leave your battery switch on unless you are storing your trailer.

Sharon - Westlake, Ohio | 2017 TaB CSS - Forum Administrator

• Options