Options

Did the search...

Where can you get a hex to fit the outside handles/ cup rack screws etc...seems like it's a 4 sided screw, got nothing like that; looked around the camper for one thinking maybe a tool was included...

Comments

• Options
    Fourman110Fourman110 Member Posts: 229

You’re talking about pan head screws holding things down like the 12v outlet in the galley right? It’s a square drive and I think a little bit of an odd size (at least the bit that came with my Kreg Jig set didn’t work with it). That’s a trip to the hardware store. I changed my galley 12v outlet and ended up using an Easyout screw remover to pull it out, replacing with a Phillips-head.

“I'm T@G-ing Out"
    Jay

• Options
    FroggerFrogger Member Posts: 156
    edited May 2020

Yep, wild looking screw, was gonna remove the cup rack behind the stove, had nothing to fit lol, same screws are on the assist handles by the door (Boondock)

• Options
    HikinMikeHikinMike Member Posts: 400

I know what you mean. I happened to have a bit included in a drive set I got somewhere at some point. I also went to Lowes and bought an extra tool to fit those. The tool I bought looks like a screw driver.

2019 T@G Boondock Edge 5W
    2017 Toyota 4Runner TRD Pro
    2022 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon 4xe

• Options

Thanks, short road trip in the near future lol

• Options
    DaveBDaveB Member Posts: 101

The screw you are reffering to is called a Robertson, you will need a #2 for most of those found in the T@G. Its a Canadian thing, and you're welcome, they don't strip out like Philips do and without a sharp blade or point you really need to try hard to jab yourself with the screwdriver, not that you will, it doesn't slip out like the others, and it can hold the screw without the aid of a magnetic bit.

Toronto, Ontario Canada
    2020 T@G Boondock Edge XL

• Options

@DaveB thanks for the details, for sure narrows down the search...

• Options
    DaveBDaveB Member Posts: 101

@Frogger search for square driver bit, home depot carries them in the US you will need #2 for most hardware, but there are some #1 used in a few places inside the overhead storage holding the back panels on inside. You should be able to get them for a few bucks, they're not that expensive.

Toronto, Ontario Canada
    2020 T@G Boondock Edge XL

• Options
    JamesDowJamesDow Member Posts: 632

You may be able to use a 1/8" flathed screw driver in a pinch. Usually works fine. Best to get a set that fits from someplace like Home Depot for <$10.

• Options
    JayJay Member Posts: 71
    edited May 2020

Like Dave said, its a Roberston Screw, Tool handle is green, surely Home Depot in the USA has those.

• Options
    ontheroadontheroad Member Posts: 191

I swear if I ever get any Phillips screws in anything I have to install they get thrown out and a #2 Robertson screw is used...as far as I'm concerned they're awesome...says a fellow Canadian.... :)

2021 T@B Boondock CS-S
    Former owner of 2017 T@G MAX XL
    2018 Nissan Pathfinder

• Options
    WilliamAWilliamA Member Posts: 1,311

Here's an American who also really likes Robertson screws! As to not stabbing yourself with a Robertson screwdriver, maybe I'm just gifted.....
    WilliamA

"When I am in charge, Starburst brand fruit chews will get their own food group....and where are all the freakin laser beams? There should be more laser beams..."

2021 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk
    2017 T@G XL
    Boyceville, Wi.