Options

Finally Got It

engineer101engineer101 Member Posts: 22

On March 19th 2020 I purchased a 2020 Tag 5 wide from a dealer in NW Indiana with a pick up date of March 26th. On March 23rd Indiana issued it's "stay at home order" (darn the bad luck). On May 1st I received a call from the dealer saying I could pick up my Tag on May 15th but they would not be able to do a complete walk through because of the 6 foot social distancing rule in place. At 1100 on May 15 I arrived at the dealer after an hour drive to find a grey Tag with my name on it waiting to be picked up. ( I thought my Tag was white with grey trim). I was immediately met by a man from service who said he would get my paper work and be right back to do a quick walk through and help me hook up the my Tag to my 2019 Dodge Ram 1500 Classic. When the service man returned he unlocked the Tag and let me check the interior and kitchen area which were spotless then explained how it had been prepped and how the water system had been flushed and pressure tested. I signed the paper work, hooked the Tag to my truck making no issue of how filthy the exterior of the Tag was, I was happy to wash it myself.
By the I arrived home we were under a severe thunderstorm watch so I took My new Tag to the storage area ( don't have a garage) locked it up and placed the cover on it. Well, it rained Friday, Sat., Sun., and Monday. On Tuesday I brought my new Tag home to check to make everything worked. I hooked up the electric to 110 v checked the AC and Stereo and all the interior and porch lights. Everything worked great. Now I hooked up my new white water hose using the water pressure regulator supplied by Nucamp and a water filter I purchased at Walmart. I next slowly pressurized the water hose the slowly cracked open the faucet. After a few spurts of air I got a shot of pink antifreeze then about 2 seconds of the blackest water I had ever seen. I let the water run for about 3 minutes, disconnected the water hose and filled the water tank. I filled and pumped the tank out twice.
After I disconnected the water and electric I decided to wash the Tag. I removed 2 pieces of paper approx. 8 1/2 x 11 attached to the front of the Tag (shipping documents from the factory ?) then washed the Tag. I'll be it is White.
After the washing I stood back and admired the good looks and lines of the Tag and knew I'd made a good choice. Then it dawned on me, how did the dealer apply the sealant to the Tag with the paper attached to it? I paid for the sealant to be applied before I picked up the Tag.
Now I call the Service Dept. and ask if the sealant had been applied. The Service Mgr. said he would check the records and call me right back. Approx. 20 minutes later I get a call from the Finance Mgr. saying how sorry he was the sealant had not applied and I could bring it back any time to have the sealant applied and they would make it right and give me a gift card. After thinking about it I called The Service Dept. back and made an appointment for May 21st at 1100.
Thursday the 21st rolls around and I leave home at 0930 and arrive at the dealer at 1030 where I am met by one of the service men. I explain I am early for my 1100 appointment to have a sealant applied to the Tag. The service says he'll get the paper wok and be right back. Approx. 10 minutes later the service man returns and says " I'm sorry but we don't have record of you having an appointment". I replied " I understand you only work here but" and I went off on him. The service man returns to the the office and returns about 5 minutes later at the same time the Finance Mgr. arrives and hands me a $100 gift card for my inconvenience. The service man says they will get me right in but it will take 3 1/2 to 4 hours to complete the work and I can get something to eat and come back. I was originally told it would take less than an hour ( which I didn't seem possible) to do the sealant. I told the service man I wasn't setting around in my truck for 4 hours period. He then said I could leave the Tag overnight and when it was done he would call me in the afternoon to pick it up which I decided to do.
Friday May 22nd I cancel a day fishing trip with my 16 year old grandson so I can pick up my new Tag. Well, 1300 comes and goes and no call as does 1400, 1500, 1600 and 1700. 1705 I call the dealership and ask for the service dept., the receptionist replies the service dept close at 5 pm but I'll transfer you and someone may still be there. A secretary answers the phone in the service, I give her my name and asked if my Tag is done. She says yes you can pick it up any time to which I say " why didn't anyone call me" to which she replies " I don't know". Due to it being Memorial Day Weekend I decided I wouldn't pick it up Saturday I'd wait until Tuesday morning. After I hung up I immediately called the Finance Mgr, I had been dealing with and told him what I thought about dealership.
QUESTION
I live just west of laPorte Indiana, Does anyone know of a decent dealership within a 2 or 3 hour drive of me?

Comments