Options

2021 Galley hatch has water in it after storm

Wondering if anyone else has this issue. Had the galley hatch up (raised) today and noticed water dripping from the wire that supplies power to the galley hatch light. Brand new T@G. From what I can tell it appears that the water may have entered the galley hatch via the license plate cover. This cover has a lip around it... that even when closed, still catches (holds) water. There are 4 screws that attach this cover to the galley hatch. My thought is that the water gathered around the plate cover and then entered the hatch through the 2 bottom screws. It was not noticeable until the hatch was raised... thus making the top of the hatch the lowest point. This is when I noticed water dripping into the galley ... probably traveling from the bottom of the galley door to the wires for the galley light... and then using that as the pathway out.

Has anyone else noticed this issue on the 2021? Im concerned the hatch may still have water in it and there does not seem to be a way to check this or get it to exit if indeed this is the issue. Definitely need silicone in those holes around the license plate cover!!!

Thoughts? I don't know where else it could have gotten in. I did use a screwdriver to pry the license plate cover up slightly at the bottom of it and a good amount of water did escape from under the license plate cover. I suspect there is another hole in the exterior of the galley hatch behind the license plate cover for the license plate light. But It is difficult to pry under the plate (glued? double stick? Caulk?) and get to it.

From what I can see... if there is water inside the hatch... there would be no way to get it out.

Love some insight if anyone has it. Thanks

Comments