Thinking of selling my trailer

WilliamAWilliamA Member Posts: 1,311

"Change is inevitable.

Growth is optional."

I have been thinking of putting my trailer (2017/17/18? Tag Boondock XL) on the market. Some of you who know of my hi-jinks know that I've got about a zillion dollars in upgrades into it. This bothers me not-at-all. It's been fantastic, fun, and a pretty wild adventure. But I am not a collector, hoarder nor am I particularly nostalgic. Money is a tool. It has been the tool that has gotten me on many adventures and that is payback. My trailer, fond as I am of it, has gotten too small for my family. Clever as I am, I can't easily change that. It's time for a bigger canvas upon which to paint.

It would take me more time than I want to spend to list all of the upgrades so I'll just post a link to my forum posts. If there are any questions I'd be glad to answer them. I could also (perhaps) be talked into delivering it for the price of gas, but would be much more comfortable selling to a buyer who has looked it over first.

As it is customary to indicate a price for this sort of thing, I'll say around $14,500.

Here is a (partial) list of modifications and upgrades:

WilliamA

"When I am in charge, Starburst brand fruit chews will get their own food group....and where are all the freakin laser beams? There should be more laser beams..."

2021 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk
2017 T@G XL
Boyceville, Wi.

Comments

• honeymachoneymac Member Posts: 6

Good luck with your sale. I wish we waited to buy our XL SE. Your rig sounds amazing.

• ontheroadontheroad Member Posts: 191

Totally understand...loved our 2017 T@g XL for 4 seasons.. we just purchased a 2021 T@b CS-S..it will work better for us with our longer trips and maybe some "boondocking" too... you've been an inspiration to us all with your creativity! Best of luck on the sale and your future accomodations!

2021 T@B Boondock CS-S
    Former owner of 2017 T@G MAX XL
    2018 Nissan Pathfinder

• Sharon_is_SAMSharon_is_SAM Administrator Posts: 622

@WilliamA - is this your sale ad?

Sharon - Westlake, Ohio | 2017 TaB CSS - Forum Administrator

• GigHarborTomGigHarborTom Member Posts: 271

@WilliamA You are breaking my heart. I sold a Vintage 60 Avion that we restored last year. Miss the trailer but not all the work we put into it....

Gig Harbor Tom
    Trl '17 T@G Max
    TV 2018 Mazda CX9 Signature

• WilliamAWilliamA Member Posts: 1,311

"When I am in charge, Starburst brand fruit chews will get their own food group....and where are all the freakin laser beams? There should be more laser beams..."

2017 T@G XL
    Boyceville, Wi.

• JohnnyKarateJohnnyKarate Member Posts: 3

Where are you located? Are you considering listing or is this formally for sale?

It is currently for sale. I am an hour east of Minneapolis/St Paul, MN.

2017 T@G XL
    Boyceville, Wi.

• JohnnyKarateJohnnyKarate Member Posts: 3

Thanks William. Very impressive work. I’m looking to purchase a T@G but unfortunately, you’re a bit too far for me to arrange pickup. Good luck with the sale and I look forward to see whatever work you take on next if it finds its way to these forums.

• LuckyJLuckyJ Member Posts: 1,240

@WilliamA, I do not know if this is still in your mind, with the new RTT on the Gladiator, but if so, I think you need to update your list of mod to included the Timbren Axel less suspension.

It is a great built that can make a difference when pulling the trailer aand that will make a big difderence for the longevity of the trailer.

Just a tought. 😉

edited February 2021

Thanks Luc,

We have been messing around with the idea of selling the trailer, but not working very hard at it. For my money, I am not too excited about selling but recognize the merits of something that would be a better (compromise) fit for the three of us. I had someone interested for a bit but that fell through and I'm not unhappy about it. I'll let that sleeping dog to lie for now. If somebody just had to have it, I'd still entertain the idea of selling.

In the meantime, keep tuned in. I have a larg-ish upgrade coming for the Timbren soon. Just waiting for the parts from Timbren. Should be of interest to some of you.

Also watching your thread to see what you have for your own suspension.

I also ordered new tires for my trailer and will post a thread about why I'm replacing my tires, what I chose and why I chose what I did.

WilliamA

2017 T@G XL
    Boyceville, Wi.

• LuckyJLuckyJ Member Posts: 1,240

@WilliamA , good. As for tge tires, I do have tge same oem tire that you have, ans also very surprised how a china tire work so good and last so long. My guess is that I have about 20 000 mioes on them, and very little sign of wear.

I will follow the possible upgrade to the upgrade! 😊

I've been very happy and impressed with the Westlake tires that came on my trailer. After 4+ years and many, many thousands of miles, desert, woods, swamps and interstate, they've been great. They still have lots of tread and life in them. They're going on a utility trailer.

WilliamA

2017 T@G XL
    Boyceville, Wi.

edited March 2021

Well, DW and I have been browsing the trailer market for awhile now and we are having some mixed results. When we first started talking about a different trailer I put my foot down and said that I don't want and won't pull anything larger than 18 feet total length or wider than 7 feet. There are TONS of trailers around that brag light weight, single axle, etc. I haven't been impressed with any of them yet. Here are a couple we DO like:

Mini Max.

Sunray 149.

Rpod 171.

Of the three, we have personally inspected the Mini Max and the Sunray 149. I was quite surprised that the wife REALLY liked these two trailers. The Mini Max is twice the price of the Sunray, so I thought she'd be lukewarm on it, but I think she was really bitten by the Mini Max.

My biggest gripe about the MM is the height. With the A/C up there, it's about 100 feet tall. I HATE that! As to the Sunray, the only thing I don't like about it are the small windows. It's an otherwise perfect trailer for me. Simple, light and has tons of storage space.

We looked (online) at T@Bs or the pleasant valley Max units, but the T@B is too small for three of us and the Max is exactly that.... it's huge. The Mini Max also has the advantage over the T@B in that it has a conventional propane furnace as compared to the ALDE furnace in the T@B.

In the meantime, I have been putzing with "Chuck" (wagon....my T@G) and doing some post upgrade suspension work. I needed to put some wire stays on the electric brake wires at the axle so I got that done. Now I'm working on a small bracket to hold the television from wandering around on its mount when traveling. We are still planning for a trip west around the end of April and will take the rooftop tent and the T@G. Kathy (DW) is still rattling my cage about a bigger trailer with bath and potty, so it looks inevitable that we will eventually sell the T@G.

We did email a guy over on the T@B forum about a T@B for sale. It's not ideal, but for what he's asking we'd just buy it and sell the T@G later. The T@B would need a ton of upgrades to get it to my post-apocalypse standard.

And on....and on..... In the meantime, camping next weekend if the weather holds....

WilliamA

2017 T@G XL
    Boyceville, Wi.

• mcampmcamp Member Posts: 1

Yep....

2017 T@G XL
    Boyceville, Wi.