Options

2021 TV/ RADIO mod QUESTION

jeffoasisjeffoasis Member Posts: 8
edited November 2020 in Modifications & Upgrades

As you know, the 2021 T@G no longer has a TV, and the radio / DVD player has been removed/substituted for a bluetooth audio system. Also, the choices for quality small TV's is growing smaller and smaller (yes, I know a lot of people use the Jensen..)... and the audio is typically terrible on those things. My idea is to buy a lightweight, very slim, monitor (only) with an HDMI port and mount it to the cabinet exterior. I don't really care about having a TV tuner in the monitor because all we watch are movies basically. Behind it, I will put a small (cheap) DVD player and also an apple TV "hockey puck". This way, we can play DVD's when we want to, or stream when we want (using the hotspot on our phone as the media/internet connection and the apple TV).

AUDIO is the question. Neither the apple or the monitor will have "amplified audio outs. One solution would be to use a small powered (rechargeable) external speaker like a Bose Micro or a Beats Pill. Both have auxiliary inputs via an 1/8 inch jack that could be supplied either by the DVD player or the Apple TV (both have audio outputs but they are not amplified). Yes, this will work and its an option. BUT... I'd love to know if anyone has removed the radio in the 2021. If so, does it have an AUX input? If so... then I could go directly into that with my audio cables from either the dvd or the apple TV. Is the back of the radio hard to get to?

Comments