Options

Stargazer Window Shade and Screen Unit

danpdanp Member Posts: 44
edited November 2020 in Trailers & Towing

My stargazer window unit fell out, ( the one above the tongue) I am assuming due to expansion joints on a 2 hour ride. Mine is a 2017 T@G that was lightly used before I purchase so this is disappointing and a fun challenge I hope. Whatever the screws were holding on to gave up and I am not
sure what the walls or shell is made of/constructed.

I thought of using a toggle bolt or something that would expand inside the inner shell but I do not know what that is made of.
I also thought to try and fill the hole with something that will expand inside the shell but I do not know if it is hollow.

Any suggestions would be appreciated because I am sure this has happened before.

Thank you,

Dan

Comments

• Options

I should have been clearer. The shade/screen fell into the cabin. There are 4 self tapping screws in the corners and I need a way to reinstall. Not knowing what is inside the wall makes it difficult to figure out what to use. First thought is some sort of toggle bolt. Next idea is to fill the void if there is one. What is inside the wall and the inner shell made of?

Dan

• Options
    Sharon_is_SAMSharon_is_SAM Administrator Posts: 635

The walls are made of fiberglass skin on the outside, foam core in the middle and the textured interior surface.

Thank you for this @WilliamA! https://teardrop-trailers.vanillacommunity.com/discussion/779/window-screen-assembly-falling-out-how-to

Sharon - Westlake, Ohio | 2017 TaB CSS - Forum Administrator

• Options

Looks like a winner to me. Thank you for the info.

• Options

Went through the steps provided and found I have a different problem. On the lower right side of the widow unit I followed the directions provided and found no aluminum frame work inside the wall. i lightly poked around with a small allen wrench and found the original screw missed the frame entirely.

I realized today the widow unit was installed about 3/8" too low and the bottom screws were hanging on the foam core alone. Will update with pics later.

Dan

• Options
    LuckyJLuckyJ Member Posts: 1,240

Well, this di not happwn to me, but I had to remove the screen/blind and also found out that it was not screewd to the aluminium frame surrounding the window. Is is screewed in a small wood frame.

Btw, tge seeling is not built the same way that the walls are. The roof is not a sandwich of Azdel, but a combination of lseparate layers. Easy to see when you pull a speeker. I also had acces to a video from customer service at Nucamp.

So outer shell is an aluminium skin, laid over and aluminium frame. The isolation is bubble/reflective foil and you have the thin luan inside layer.

So if you are not hitting the aluminium frame nore the small wood frame, then is is only the luan.

Good luck