Options

My t@g window came loose. Need help.

We’re a couple of weeks away from another long roadtrip with our tag and are in the middle of preparing our camper for our trip. I had the front window open yesterday when I noticed the top of the window looked uneven and after further inspection I found that the entire hinge mechanism had failed. A small link of “C” tubing that was glued to the actual window had let go and broke leaving about 2” of tubing still bonded to the window that acts as the window’s hinge. Here are some photos.

My question is, what’s the best course of action here? I noticed that whatever glue that was use before wasn’t spread evenly across the surface of the c-tubing which in my opinion is the reason for it’s failure. Since I have a couple of inches of the tubing still stuck to the window, I’ve got a template of sorts as of how to position and rebond the piece that came off. I’ve scraped the old glue off and sanded it smooth again and now wondering what bonding agent I should use to get this piece to stay put? Any suggestions would be appreciated!

Comments