Options

WATER PUMP

When I turn on my water pump it does not stop. It is my understanding that once the pressure is reached the pump should stop. We are new with our Tab so any advice would be most appreciated.

Thanks, Brian

Comments

• Options
    tagurittagurit Member Posts: 179

Do you have water at the tap? There are sometimes priming issues where the pump will run but no water, I once had to provide some suction on the faucet to get things started!

• Options
    LuckyJLuckyJ Member Posts: 1,240

Hello ZenDog

The answer is yes, the pump should stop. That is is enough pressure as build up i. The system.

So a few basic question.

Do you get water at the faucet when the pump is runing and is it steady flow?

Do you have enough water in the tank that the pump is not cavitating? Is it cavitates, then you do not have enough water and the pump will keep on runing until presure is built in the system. All the air must be purged from the system (pipes in order to work properly.

And depending on T@G model year, you might need more than 1/3 on the tank dull of water for the pump to work correctly. I think this was solved with some 2108 model and newer.

Hope this help and solve your problem.

• Options
    ZenDogZenDog Member Posts: 14

Hi LuckyJ,

Yes, I do get water at the faucet when the pump is running.

I have about a 1/3 of the tank filled.

i will fill it all the way and see if that works.

Thank you.

• Options
    ZenDogZenDog Member Posts: 14

LuckyJ

That did it. Filled the tank and the pump now stops when it reaches presure.

THNK YOU!

• Options
    LuckyJLuckyJ Member Posts: 1,240

Good! Happy christmas eve! :)

• Options
    mgreen2mgreen2 Member Posts: 193

Be sure it is primed properly

2017 T@G Max

• Options
    ElPhoenixElPhoenix Member Posts: 40

@mgreen2 thanks for this post! I thought I had a vaccum leak, but turns out I simply needed to prime the pump.

• Options
    WilliamAWilliamA Member Posts: 1,311

@ElPhoenix said:
    @mgreen2 thanks for this post! I thought I had a vaccum leak, but turns out I simply needed to prime the pump.

"All things being equal, the simplest solution is probably the best one".

My water pump is a bit of a dark horse. I've had to disassemble it twice and free up some stuck valves. It otherwise works well, but doesn't like picking up its prime first thing in the spring without pressure priming.

WilliamA

"When I am in charge, Starburst brand fruit chews will get their own food group....and where are all the freakin laser beams? There should be more laser beams..."

2021 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk
    2017 T@G XL
    Boyceville, Wi.

• Options
    ElPhoenixElPhoenix Member Posts: 40

@WilliamA as it turns out, you are correct, once again (shocker)! I had cycled a couple of full tanks without priming so that process was completely off my radar. The only change was a 3-hour drive so I thought one of my mods had bounced loose (lots of bridges in Louisiana). I took everything apart and made a couple small adjustment (OCD kicking in) and still had sputters until I finally primed it. I can now get down to the last 1/4" of water or so before sputtering and then i just let the pump tough it out for an additional minute or two. Thank you for all your tips and posts. This mod has made a huge difference in our travels.