Fantastic Fan Vent Cover

Has anyone installed the Fantastic Vent Ultra Breeze Cover on their Tag?

Comments

• Michigan_MikeMichigan_Mike Administrator Posts: 517

Looks like work to me! I have installed two of the Aeroflo vent covers and this requires no lap sealant, only installing some small L brackets which isn't too difficult.

https://youtu.be/ydfKr5hWlso?t=19

https://youtu.be/Ia0huI-niz4?t=7

Michigan Mike
    Linden, Mi
    2019 T@B 400

• ontheroadontheroad Member Posts: 191

on the wish list! at least some sort of vent cover

2021 T@B Boondock CS-S
    Former owner of 2017 T@G MAX XL
    2018 Nissan Pathfinder

@ontheroad said:
    on the wish list! at least some sort of vent cover

It definitely DOES make a difference and that first rain event will make you a believer, especially if it is muggy and you need to run the fan!

Michigan Mike
    Linden, Mi
    2019 T@B 400

will be adding one over the winter...unfortuneately we will have to take it off and on to get in the garage...dealer tried to look for low profile ones but never found any..

2021 T@B Boondock CS-S
    2018 Nissan Pathfinder

@ontheroad said:
    will be adding one over the winter...unfortuneately we will have to take it off and on to get in the garage...dealer tried to look for low profile ones but never found any..

Some people buy the small suction cups to stick them to the roof and use them that way so they can quickly remove them as needed.

Michigan Mike
    Linden, Mi
    2019 T@B 400

• Dan_AnnDan_Ann Member Posts: 36

@Michigan_Mike said:

@ontheroad said:

Some people buy the small suction cups to stick them to the roof and use them that way so they can quickly remove them as needed.

The suction cups are a great idea! It makes for easy use when the vent is needed then put it away.

2017 T@G

Michigan

2020 Ford Explorer SE

• Otis_60Otis_60 Member Posts: 37

This is the one I need to get. The important part of this install video for me was that it is held on with cotter pins. That means that I can easily take it off so I can get Otis in the garage.

Thanks,
    Greg
    2017 Little Guy XL MAX Outback Ed.
    1st TV 2015 MB GL450
    2nd TV 2016 Mazda CX-5
    3rd TV 1999 Ford F350 7.3l diesel

• CccjimCccjim Member Posts: 34

@1luvFishing said:

I took Mike's advice and went with Aero Flo. So glad I did. I am not mechanically inclined to say the least, but I was able to install the Aero Flo. I didn't have to drill holes in my T@g and it has a lower profile than the Fantastic Vent. Better than all that it still fits in my garage!

Looks good and eliminates the rain issue. Congrats!

Michigan Mike
    Linden, Mi
    2019 T@B 400

• Dan_AnnDan_Ann Member Posts: 36

I thought that the suction cups we a great idea. I went out and purchased a Camco vent cover (affordable) and also purchased clear suction cups w/wing nuts for quick attachment and removal when not needed. I am so glad I did get the cover since we encountered more rain this past weekend. The first time in the T@G we had heavy thunderstorms and had to close the vent. Fortunately, we had shore power hook up so we were able to run the A/C to help remove the humidity. Anyway, I appreciate the idea for easy on and off using the suction cups. Thank you!

2017 T@G

Michigan

2020 Ford Explorer SE

Good deal, glad things worked out for you!

Michigan Mike
    Linden, Mi
    2019 T@B 400

• WilliamAWilliamA Member Posts: 1,311
    edited October 2017

Hey all,
    I'm curious if anyone has tried this one:

https://www.etrailer.com/RV-Vents-and-Fans/MaxxAir/MA00-07500K.html?feed=npn&gclid=Cj0KCQjwvuDPBRDnARIsAGhuAmY6eKHJDBhgptWjRsQvl5nOYafNGL_Bx91_skxzmp4aPGqyofwuQUIaAsCEEALw_wcB

While it's spendy, it would seem to be the perfect fit for a teardrop where maximum height (garage parking) and wind resistance are major factors.

WilliamA

"When I am in charge, Starburst brand fruit chews will get their own food group....and where are all the freakin laser beams? There should be more laser beams..."

2021 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk
    2017 T@G XL
    Boyceville, Wi.

• mgreen2mgreen2 Member Posts: 193

@Cccjim said:

@1luvFishing said:

I took Mike's advice and went with Aero Flo. So glad I did. I am not mechanically inclined to say the least, but I was able to install the Aero Flo. I didn't have to drill holes in my T@g and it has a lower profile than the Fantastic Vent.

How did you install it without drilling holes? The fan on my T@G has a plastic frame, not the metal shown in the video. Can you add a photo of the installation?

2017 T@G Max

@mgreen2 said:
    How did you install it without drilling holes? The fan on my T@G has a plastic frame, not the metal shown in the video. Can you add a photo of the installation?

I did drill "pilot holes" into the fan border plastic for the small Phillips head screws pictured. The small bolts come up under the installed bracket (held in place by the Phillips screws and then you simply screw the nuts onto the bolts. The instructions included with Aero Flo (I am a fan) were superb! Hope these pics help.

• LuckyJLuckyJ Member Posts: 1,240
    edited December 2017

I am just throwing out an idea here. Has anyone tried to fab a soft version of this?? Something that could come up as you lift the cover and come down when well, you close the cover. I have a T@G with the Yakima rack, and adding this simply makes the rack useless, but I understand that it can be very useful.

I will have to look into that.

edited December 2017

@LuckyJ said:
    I am just throwing out an idea here. Has anyone tried to fab a soft version of this?? Something that could come up as you lift the cover and come down when well, you close the cover. I have a T@G with the Yakima rack, and adding this simply makes the rack useless, but I understand that it can be very useful.

I will have to look into that.

So are you asking for something like a portable vent cover install of sorts here Luc, something that could be set up when it rains and taken down before hitting the road? I guess I do understand your point with the Yakima rack as a permanent set-up like the Aeroflo cover would not allow you to place larger items across your rack and would interfere.

I'm guessing a soft set-up as you described could be done with wingnuts, but if you needed to use the Yakima rack you would have to spend a few moments taking the cover back off?

Michigan Mike
    Linden, Mi
    2019 T@B 400

• LuckyJLuckyJ Member Posts: 1,240

Nope, I am thinking more of an accordeon type of set-up. A guess tarp material on each side and maybe a plastic piece that would extend toward the rear from the cover. A bit like a mini westfalia top tent.

But hey, I am just trowing ideas here for now. Trailer is a the cabin, snow on the ground till next may and way to many project to start working on this. But could be taking a coffe, sitting on the porch, with views over the fan cover. ;)

• JoeaJoea Member Posts: 2
    edited January 2018

@WilliamA said:
    Hey all,

https://www.etrailer.com/RV-Vents-and-Fans/MaxxAir/MA00-07500K.html?feed=npn&gclid=Cj0KCQjwvuDPBRDnARIsAGhuAmY6eKHJDBhgptWjRsQvl5nOYafNGL_Bx91_skxzmp4aPGqyofwuQUIaAsCEEALw_wcB

While it's spendy, it would seem to be the perfect fit for a teardrop where maximum height (garage parking) and wind resistance are major factors.

WilliamA

William A, pretty sure this is what I’m going to replace my 3-speed fantastic fan with. You can control the speed more precisely and it’s quieter at slower speeds. Saw one installed in a neighbor’s Camper and it worked great.

• DouglasDouglas Member Posts: 12

If you’re vent cover is resting on the body of the camper you should put some caulking around it or it might scuff you’re camper and could rub a hole in it. If the brackets hold it off the camper check it before you take it out to make sure it’s not rubbing. Seen it happen

@Cccjim said:

I did drill "pilot holes" into the fan border plastic for the small Phillips head screws pictured. The small bolts come up under the installed bracket (held in place by the Phillips screws and then you simply screw the nuts onto the bolts. The instructions included with Aero Flo (I am a fan) were superb! Hope these pics help.

How is your Aeroflo vent cover holding up? I am concerned about the plastic frame of the T@G fan not being sturdy enough to hold it in place while driving or in high winds. I looked at the install videos and they show screwing the brackets into a fan with a metal frame. I'd like to get a cover on mine before the summer. Thanks

2017 T@G Max

My wife and I made a 4000 mile round-trip after installing the Aero Flo. We traveled from Columbia Missouri to Sugar Creek Ohio and then on to Kennebunkport Maine and down the Eastern seaboard. We then traveled from North Carolina over to Gatlinburg Tennessee. We came through the Smoky Mountains and eventually made it back to Columbia Missouri. Several times I was going as fast as 70-plus miles an hour, but usually slightly less than 65 miles an hour.The Aero Flo is just as secure as it was the day I installed it. I plan on being at uCamp 2018 and you are welcome to look it over if you are there as well. I hope this information helps.

• VernaVerna Member Posts: 139

I had 25,000 miles on my Silver Shadow with a smoke colored AeroFlo and it was still tight when I traded it in.

I now have over 30,000 miles on my T@B 320 with a white AeroFlo and it is still tight and still looks great (after I get the winter’s desert dust washed off of it when I get home!).

• nmmikenmmike Member Posts: 20

I purchased the Fantastic Fan cover, even though it was pricey, it is supposedly UV protected and I live in New Mexico. Also, because New Mexico is generally dry except during Monsoon season, I don't plan to need the cover a lot, Therefore, I purchased some small , heavy duty, suction cups on Amazon, and some wing nuts at Lowe's and plan to use the cover only on an as needed basis. If I lived somewhere else, I would strongly consider a permanent install but I was not excited about drilling holes in the roof considering how little I will use the cover.

• VernaVerna Member Posts: 139

The AeroFlo does not require holes in the roof. 4 holes in the flange of the roof vent, easily removable, and absolutely no holes in the roof.

• Fourman110Fourman110 Member Posts: 229
    edited March 2018

Looks like Aeroflo will barely clear my garage holding the T@g Boondocks Max. Test fit today showed it would go in but the seal for ththe garage was moved. I give it a 50/50 chance once I get the bracket on. Looks like Aeroflo is one of the shortest models.

“I'm T@G-ing Out"
    Jay

• 1luvFishing1luvFishing Member Posts: 28

After much research and good discussion here, I have installed the Fan-Tastic Vent UB1500SM Smoke Ultra Breeze Vent Cover. I had to order the Maxxair 00-225000 Roof Vent Zero Leak Mounting Kit. I replaced the bolts for attaching the cover to the vent frame with self tapping screws. End result, works great!!

• WilliamAWilliamA Member Posts: 1,311

@Joea said:

@WilliamA said:
    Hey all,

Fot those contemplating this vent, be aware that it comes in a few different models, all of which are less than the space shuttle-ready premium job. The basic model has most of the same features for $160 bucks from e-trailer.

WilliamA

"When I am in charge, Starburst brand fruit chews will get their own food group....and where are all the freakin laser beams? There should be more laser beams..."

2021 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk
    2017 T@G XL
    Boyceville, Wi.

• 1luvFishing1luvFishing Member Posts: 28

Got the vent cover installed!@!

ours is finally done too...just in time for a Rally in Alabama

2021 T@B Boondock CS-S
    2018 Nissan Pathfinder