Options

Post up some shots of your set-up at Camp!

Comments

• Options
    VernaVerna Member Posts: 139

But, @Michigan_Mike, Kroger’s gets really nervous when I bring my shotgun into the frozen food section =)

• Options
    ericmoorecoericmooreco Member Posts: 46

The deer jumping the fence photo is pretty interesting from Brian. I doubt I could pull that off in time.

2015 T@G
    Colorado Springs

• Options
    BrianBrian Member Posts: 26

It's a matter of anticipating action and being ready ... along with a good healthy dose of being in the right place at the right time. :)

Brian & Lisa
    North Georgia
    2017 T@G Max XL / 2011 Kia Sorento

• Options
    WilliamAWilliamA Member Posts: 1,311

A few years ago I was living in Spooner, Wi. I got up one morning and it was 38 below zero. The only thing moving was a squirrel who had a flat bar trying to pry the side off my Bird feeder. I took a shot at him with my 22 out the kitchen window (I opened it a crack first) but the bullet froze stiff halfway. It didn't take off again until the second week of March. If I'd have been filling the bird feeder then, I'd have shot myself. Up here, pretty much everything falls into the category of "frozen food"...

WilliamA

"When I am in charge, Starburst brand fruit chews will get their own food group....and where are all the freakin laser beams? There should be more laser beams..."

2021 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk
    2017 T@G XL
    Boyceville, Wi.

• Options
    nmmikenmmike Member Posts: 20

Jemez Mountains N.M>

New Mexico MIke

• Options
    Michigan_MikeMichigan_Mike Member Posts: 517

What's fer dinner??? =)

Michigan Mike
    Linden, Mi
    2019 T@B 400

• Options

Went camping since this past Monday thru today. Starting from New Years day 2018. The temp was 20's outside, however inside it was a cozy 75, I was running both heaters. It got down to teens overnight.

There has been very little snow out here in Colorado this year. I was doing the first day hike with others at the local state park.

The view from my campsite looking the other way. I pretty much had the campground to myself.

2015 T@G
    Colorado Springs

• Options
    TomDTomD Member Posts: 358
    edited January 2018

Little snow? Looks like no snow. Not good. Is this the new norm in Colorado or are you near areas that get no snow. I’m in California and don’t generally understand snow stuff other than the Sierra’s. Being from California I worry about another drought sequence. We just had a December where going to the beach in December was like summer. My extended family is from Portland. They had freezing rains, snow, and freezing fog at home while they were away.

Tom
    Aptos, California
    2015 LG Silver Shadow
    2012 Ford Edge Sport TV

• Options

The pictures were taken at Cheyenne Mountain State park, which is next to Fort Carson just south of CO Springs. The antennas for the TV and radio stations for colorado springs are located at top of the mountain, also NORAD is located under the mountain.

We usually receive a decent amount of snow, like several feet. We would of shoveled several times by now, and I have not done it once yet. There has been only a couple dustings. Up in the high country, the ski resorts have about 20 inches average, when the norm is usually its well over 50. Most the weather systems seem to be traveling north thru Wyoming/Montana this year. Probably water restrictions are coming this summer. The bright side is this is good time for some winter camping.

2015 T@G
    Colorado Springs

• Options

I have a 30 amp hook up on the side of my garage and an extra snow shovel here if you need some practice Eric! LOL

Michigan Mike
    Linden, Mi
    2019 T@B 400

• Options

:)

2015 T@G
    Colorado Springs

• Options

No more snow shovels for me! We arrived in Arizona on January 10 and although we've had a few cold mornings here via the northern air mass infiltration across the country, it's been nice and warmer than areas as far south as Florida.

Michigan Mike
    Linden, Mi
    2019 T@B 400

• Options
    WilliWilli Member Posts: 22

Perfect winter day in Florida.

Fort Myers FL.
    2015 T@G Max

• Options

Some shots from our winter base camp in the Sonoran Desert.

Michigan Mike
    Linden, Mi
    2019 T@B 400

• Options
    edited March 2018

More Sonoran Desert and the Mohave Desert.

Tom
    Aptos, California
    2015 LG Silver Shadow
    2012 Ford Edge Sport TV

• Options
    BBsGarageBBsGarage Member Posts: 396
    edited March 2018

Having to camp vicariously thru all of your awesome pics !!
    Getting tired of this white stuff !! The camper is somewhere under there.

Bill

2017 T@G Max XL, New Jersey.
    You can drive along 10,000 miles, and still stay where you are.

• Options
    LuckyJLuckyJ Member Posts: 1,240

@Willi said:

Perfect winter day in Florida.

@Willi , where is this in florida?

• Options
    WilliWilli Member Posts: 22

Sanibel Island Causeway in Lee County.

Fort Myers FL.
    2015 T@G Max

• Options
    mgreen2mgreen2 Member Posts: 193

Mississippi River State Park in Arkansas. Very nice, only 17 sites in the campground. On a peninsula in the lake. Great fishing.

2017 T@G Max

• Options
    edited April 2018

Was actually thinking of taking the camper out from under its tent garage and today we got 6" of that white stuff :s Ugh, when will this end?

Bill

• Options

@BBsGarage said:
    Was actually thinking of taking the camper out from under its tent garage and today we got 6" of that white stuff :s Ugh, when will this end?

Weel, technically, it is still possible to see snow in the spring, and I was once told that spring end around 21 june of each year. ;)

• Options

@LuckyJ said:

@BBsGarage said:

Weel, technically, it is still possible to see snow in the spring, and I was once told that spring end around 21 june of each year. ;)

I reject your reality and replace it with my own !

Bill

• Options

Tom,
    Your JTNP photos take me right back there! It looks like we must have camped in the same site! Man, that place is beautiful. When I was there Big Rocks was standing room only.

WilliamA

"When I am in charge, Starburst brand fruit chews will get their own food group....and where are all the freakin laser beams? There should be more laser beams..."

2017 T@G XL
    Boyceville, Wi.

• Options

@BBsGarage said:

@LuckyJ said:

@BBsGarage said:

I reject your reality and replace it with my own !

Lol, I like that! ;)

• Options
    edited April 2018

William...Joshua Tree Jumbo Rocks is one of the only reservation locations there. Good reason too.

Tom
    Aptos, California
    2015 LG Silver Shadow
    2012 Ford Edge Sport TV

• Options

Tom,
    When I got there I didn't have a reservation. It was in the morning and the ranger sent me up there thinking there was room. I got a site but it filled up within a couple of hours of me getting there. Glad I didn't arrive any later! There were plenty of other sites at different campgrounds but Jumbo rocks was the best I saw.

WilliamA

2017 T@G XL
    Boyceville, Wi.

• Options

Ok.. you forced me out with my nightmare story. I drove 9 hours to arrive at Jumbo Rocks. When we got there somebody was camped in my site. I would have challenged the situation but the campers were off somewhere. No camp host or Park folks were available for a one on one to deal with this.

Tom
    Aptos, California
    2015 LG Silver Shadow
    2012 Ford Edge Sport TV

• Options

Tom,
    I saw that happen to some campers while I was there. There was quite a discussion going on when the "sheriff/warden" showed up with his reservations log and got things sorted out. I can only imagine what that place is like in the busy season!

WilliamA

2017 T@G XL
    Boyceville, Wi.